fifty

"should we call a doctor?"

"something is off, this isn't normal"

"forget normal, this isn't right."

"should i call minjin? her son is currently practicing medicine, maybe he can be a bit of help."

"yeah, that sounds right."

soobin turned and glared at his parents who were whispering near his door. "i can hear  you, you know? jeez, so dramatic for what. go away, your disturbing me. i need to study."

soobin's mom gasped and looked at her husband. wiping away her fake tears, she said, "what a fine young man we have raised."

soobin's dad shook his head. "honey, as much as i don't want to admit it, it's not because of us. it's probably because of yeonjun. considering our naive dumb son, yeonjun must've promised him a kiss or someting if he studied well."

soobin flung a pillow at his giggling parents, his ears bright red. "go away!, i'm closing the door."

"alright, alright. we're out, ahahaha"

soobin looked back his notebook, mortified. he should've never introduced yeonjun to his parents, they were such a menace. 

soobin banged his head on the table. he finally, finally, after so much procrastination, decided to get his ass up and start studying but the sheer difficulty he faced in understanding what was given in the textbook made soobin want to give up on studies. maybe he could work at yeonjun's house as a maid for something, he'd get a good salary as well considering how rich they were. 

soobin looked at the time. it was 5:37 pm. welp, too bad. he decided to take a break and resume studying at 6:00 pm, there was something unsatisfying about studying at that time. it was prolly inauspicious. 

soobin picked up his phone and texted yeonjun.  

soobin : wassgood bbg 

yeonjun : soobin, u said u were studying 

yeonjun : why are u here again? it's not even been 15 minutes since ur prev 'break' 

soobin : i can't understand maaaaath 

yeonjun : what is it that you can't understand 

yeonjun : send 

soobin : it's complicated stuff 

yeonjun : just send 

soobin took a picture of a sum he had 50% attempted. he got stuck at one point and he couldn't be arsed to think about different ways to do it. the book had showed one method, he had used the same fcking method but for some damn reason he didn't get the answer. math problems. 

soobin : [ sent an attachment ] 

yeonjun : hm give me a minute 

soobin stared at his phone, waiting for a reply from yeonjun. 

yeonjun : [ sent a video ] 

soobin immediately played the video. in it was yeonjun, sitting very awkwardly with a white board in front of him facing the camera, he adjusted the phone a little bit and then leaned back, picking a whiteboard marker from his table. 

he cleared his throat. 

"well, um, it's a bit awkward to shoot like this in my room. but uh, i can't think of a better way to explain it."

and then yeonjun proceeded to explain the question first and then the way to solve it and soobin was just smiling at his screen. something about this video just made soobin realize what a pure man yeonjun was.