thirteen

you know the feeling of digging your grave further and further? soobin was all too familiar with that situation at this point.

yeonjun was chaebol heir. he could get soobin killed in an instant. yet here he was, taking the said man to his brother's school fest.

"GAAAH, WELCOME TO OUR HAUNTED HOUSE!" said one of the kids, screaming into their faces.

yeonjun blinked, not bothered one bit, and then turned and glared at soobin. soobin gave an awkward smile to yeonjun.

"you can't possibly mean this is the definition of a 'fun' school festival?" said yeonjun, raising an eyebrow.

soobin's ears went bright pink. how did he manage to come to the lamest school festival out of them all?

he indeed was soooo lucky.

"lets move on." said soobin with the hope that the other things would be better.

---------------------------------

"oh my god, that was hideous." said yeonjun, utterly shocked.

soobin winced a bit. indeed, it was hideous. the both of them ended up in a cross-dressing cafe and oh boy, it was terrible.

"you're right." said soobin.

"you know, you're going to drop 1000 at this rate. i can see it."

soobin gulped. he could see it as well. the future, bright and clear. ...maybe not so bright.

soobin shook his head. maybe they just had terrible luck. there was no way there was nothing good here?

"let's go to my brother's class." said soobin, grinning awkwardly.

yeonjun raised an eyebrow, far from impressed.

why was he even wasting his time doing this?

------------------------------------------

soobin looked around. hm, it should be somewhere here. class 1-B. his brother was just 2 years younger than him and was a 1st-year high school student.

soobin walked past 1A and found 1B.

"we're here!" said soobin, proud of reaching the place. soobin turned and looked at yeonjun, who had a look of horror on his face.

soobin frowned. "what happened?"

"y-you w-want us to go i-in there?"

"well, yeah..." said soobin, turning back to see the sign in front of the classroom.

he froze.

'WELCOME TO CLASS 1B'S COUPLE EVENT! JOIN US AND WIN COUPLE OF PRIZES!"

his brother's class was doing a couple event...?

soobin awkwardly smiled and turned away. "let's just pretend we never came here."

"haha," said yeonjun. "yeah, let's just--"

"HYUNG! YOU CAME !" said an overly familiar voice.

bye, soobin was just going to conveniently yeet himself out of the world.

soobin turned towards his brother and scratched his head. "ahah, hi."

"why are you standing there? bring your boyfriend in and take part! oh and don't worry, everyone is open over here. no one is going to judge you for having a boyfriend."

"wait--what? b-bOYFRIEND?!" said soobin.

yeonjun stepped forward, panicking. "aha, you've mistaken. we're here on research--"