four

"i'm going to use all. all 20,000 merits." said minhee.

soobin felt his heart drop. what? what did he just say? all his merits...how many benefits was he going to get?

beomgyu looked at minhee, taken aback. minhee was a smarty guy but why was he putting all his merits into this one game?

the result of this game couldn't be said yet, minhee could still have a chance to win but looks like he felt awfully threatened by soobin.

yeonjun looked at the game, confused. was that guy out of his mind? did he lose all rationality? what was he thinking using 20,000 merits on one game and that too against a newbie.

well, yeonjun didn't give a shit if soobin lost or not, but no matter how you look at it, it was unfair.

...but technically, it was his fault for setting up the match.

yeonjun shrugged. he didn't care about soobin and minhee was obviously going to win while soobin would be charged with -993 demerits.

not his concern. but yeonjun just couldn't shrug off the feeling of discomfort.

he could stop the match if he wanted to but then people would think he was supporting soobin and if his father heard about it...yeonjun couldn't risk that.

he had to let the match go on.

"are you sure?" asked beomgyu.

minhee nodded. "yep"

beomgyu did the math in his head and said, "okay, so the deck in total has around 101 pairs and currently 43 pairs have been drawn out which leaves around 58 pairs left. the first to get 51 pairs wins...so considering how minhee is going to use 20,000 merits..."

"uh, can i ask something?" said soobin.

beomgyu looked at soobin. "sure, what is it?"

"...what exactly is this benefit?"

beomgyu blinked. "right. i keep forgetting you joined the school like yesterday. benefits vary from game to game. for the card game, you can flips over a certain number of cards depending on the amount of merits you spend."

soobin froze. what the hell? does that mean minhee can flip over cards without soobin seeing them?

beomgyu continued. "minhee would be able to flips around 40 pairs of the cards, if i'm not wrong."

the entire gym went silent and soobin looked down at his feet. 40 pairs of cards?! that was a straight win for the minhee guy.

well, technically this wasn't considered as cheating but honestly, it's the same!

"okay, so we'll continue. soobin you'll have the leave the hall while minhee flips the cards over."

soobin walked out of the hall, absent minded. he clenched his fists. what the hell?

soobin felt an inexplainable wave of anger towards yeonjun. he would've had a perfect life for at least a week if it weren't for yeonjun. and all soobin asked was who was yeonjun. why did that guy have to get his panties in a twist over something so trivial?

soobin nervously bit his nails. not only would he get demerits but he had to face the humiliation of defeat as well and that too a defeat because the opponent clearly had an upper hand.

"soobin, you can come back in." said beomgyu.

soobin walked back, having mixed feelings of anger and shame.

soobin glared at minhee as he walked into the gym again. minhee didn't meet his eyes.

soobin's eyes widened.

jackpot.

-----------------------------------------

"we're going to start with soobin. go ahead and flip over the cards please." said beomgyu.

yeonjun frowned. something was off with that soobin guy. if anyone was in soobin's situation, they would've been at least nervous...but why was this guy oozing confidence.

minhee, who was only looking at table, looked up at soobin for a split second and was taken aback by the confidence of soobin. he immediately looked back of the table.

"okay~~" said soobin, humming slightly. he casually flipped over two cards.

a 3 of clubs and a jack of hearts.

"minhee, you're next."

minhee's hand shook as he looked around the table nervously. he flipped over one card. a 8 of clubs and flipped another, forming a pair.

and like that he flipped another 3 pairs, with soobin watching him like a hawk.

minhee flipped over another card, ready to make his fourth pair.

6 of hearts.

ace of hearts.

minhee froze. it was okay. making a mistake was okay. soobin would make a mistake and he could resume. he was going to win anyways.

soobin licked his lips, excited about this opportunity.

he flipped over his first card.

a 3 of clubs and he flipped over his second card, another 3 of clubs.

minhee was getting even more nervous by the passing second. okay, it was fine. that was one pair by fluke.

soobin maintained eye contact with minhee, smiling and confidently flipping over another pair of matching cards.

soobin flipped over another 3 pairs.

another 3.

and another 3.

another 5

another pair.

"AND SOOBIN HAS WON THE GAME!" said beomgyu, shocked beyond reason.

minhee looked at the table shocked. how was this happening? this wasn't possible. he had never lost a game before.

xion got up from seat, surprised, shocked and happy. soobin, who noticed him, smiled at him.

yeonjun looked at soobin, utterly shocked. just what on earth had happened...was this possible?

"h-he c-cheated!" said minhee, unable to accept the results.

soobin raised an eyebrow, embarrassed at the other guy's stupidity. "me? cheated? if there's anyone who cheated, it's you. i played honestly."

"lies, there's no way you could've won like that."

soobin looked at minhee, utterly pissed and annoyed. "hah?"

"such a fcking cheater."

soobin stared at him for a second and then burst out laughing. "i only won because of you. you're the one who helped me."

"what?"

soobin walked over and lightly placed his hand on minhee's chin, a sadistic smile on his face. "if only you weren't such a dumb bitch. you kept looking at the cards. your eyes just wouldn't stop moving. going from card to another. i don't have a shit memory like yours so it was easy for me to figure out which card was you. ah, but thanks to you. you. dumb. bitch."

minhee backed away from soobin, chills down his spine.

yeonjun looked at soobin in shock. this guy...this guy was....

choi soobin was really the real monster.

---------------------------

i'm on a hiatus. i have an exam tomorrow. i hurt my elbow and ankle.

AND YET I UPDATED WOHOO.

also someone suggested that i should "pixies" as my fandom name like dflfgherkjgheRKLHGberryaerljgherj yeah

keep reading, commenting and voting

love,

pixiedust :)