twenty-one

soobin grabbed yeonjun's shirt, in an attempt to stop him from leaving. "hey, do we have to do this? this was just a harmless prank."

"a harmless prank?" repeated yeonjun, baffled. "you should wonder whether or not this is a harmless prank after you see the hospital bill."

"that's cause you tested me for all the bullcrap. why did i have to get an std test?"

"i don't know okay, they gave me a form and i just ticked everything cause it's better to be safe than sorry."

soobin opened his mouth to retort but then didn't say anything. it was pointless anyway. what he had to do right now, was to convince yeonjun to not go and beat up the people involved.

yeonjun audibly sighed. "okay, just tell me who were the people who did this to you."

soobin looked away and said, "i don't want to."

yeonjun blinked. "you don't want to?"

"yes, i said that i don't want to tell you their names. simple language, do you not get it?"

yeonjun shook his head. "no, no, i think you're the one who doesn't get it."

"what?"

"soobin, they beat you up. and it's not like it's a simple punch. they beat you up real bad. did you know how scared i got when i opened the student council room door to see you absolutely beaten up on the ground? and the fact that it's because of me? i get that you're a nice and kind person, soobin but that doesn't mean you can let someone beat you and get away with it. you get me?"

soobin still didn't want to tell yeonjun their names. it would just cause unnecessary drama anyway. what was the point of telling yeonjun?

"oh, i see how it is. so you're not going to tell me, huh?" asked yeonjun, the annoyance evident in his voice.

soobin shook his head and said, "i don't want unnecessary drama."

yeonjun took a deep breath and said, "well then, have it your way."

yeonjun then proceeded to walk out of the hospital towards his car. "trust me, you're so going to regret it."

soobin merely watched as yeonjun went away in his car. he then tilted his head and frowned.

....regret it?

pft, what could yeonjun even do?

-----------------------------------

yeonjun stormed into his house, fuming. stupid stubborn, soobin. just how thick-skulled could he get?

beomgyu came out of his room at the sound of yeonjun's heavy footsteps. "how's soobin?"

"annoying." was the only response yeonjun gave, before heading up to his room.

beomgyu stood fixed in his spot, confused. ...he was asking about soobin's health though?

---------------------------------------

yeonjun immediately sat down in front of the laptop. did soobin take him for a fool?

acting like a pure saint in this world was going to take you nowhere. and it's high time soobin understood that. maybe soobin thinks that by not doing anything or saying anything people will leave him out of the business politics but oh boy was soobin wrong.

the moment you join shinsen, you're part of the business politics. directly or indirectly.

yeonjun told soobin a million times, a million times that getting close to yeonjun wouldn't do him any good. but no, like the stubborn guy soobin was, he remained in yeonjun's like.

like a leech.

yeonjun opened the cctv footage from the front gate of the school. the place where soobin was most likely picked up from and then taken to be beaten.

fast-forwarding the footage, yeonjun immediately clicked on pause once he saw soobin standing in front of the front gate with a bunch of papers in hand and his phone.

yeonjun's eyes widened as the footage continued to be played. what the fck.

a very clearly suspicious van had parked in front of the school gate, drugged the guards and one of the guys got out from the car and walked towards soobin. the both of them appeared to have a conversation and it looked like the apprehender was beginning to agitated. maybe this is when they whacked soobin and dragged him into the van.

yeonjun paused and blinked. he rubbed his eyes to make sure what he was seeing was the right thing. what the actual fck.

the apprehender seemed to be digging around in his pockets, looking for something. after a couple of minutes of searching, he procured something from one of his pockets. while yeonjun was sure that that guy would pretend to search for something and then knock soobin out, that, turned out to be the wrong conclusion.

the stranger took out a lollipop from his pocket and offered it to soobin.

soobin, like an utter fcking nincompoop, took the lollipop and willingly walked towards the van and got in.

yeonjun shut his laptop for a second and rubbed his temple. so, soobin willingly got...kidnapped?

a sudden thought flashed through yeonjun's mind. he immediately opened the laptop and zoomed a bit on the van. he clicked his tongue in disappointment. the number plate wasn't visible clearly.

the only noticeable thing about the van was that it had a weird symbol on the corner. but yeonjun couldn't recognize the symbol.

suddenly, the door swung open, startling yeonjun. in a hurry, he slammed the laptop shut.

beomgyu stood at the door and lifted his eyebrow. "what were you doing? porn?"

yeonjun's eyes widened in shock. "beomgyu!"

beomgyu chuckled slightly and took a seat next to yeonjun. "so, what were you doing?"

"searching for the person who did that to soobin."

beomgyu looked at his brother and smiled, "you really care about him, don't you? i don't think i've ever seen you this worked up anything that's not got anything to do with me."

"...i guess he's an ok friend."

beomgyu didn't press the matter. getting yeonjun to say that soobin was a friend itself was big deal.

"i'm sorry for yelling at you earlier and saying stuff like i don't need a mom."

yeonjun smiled at beomgyu and ruffled his hair. "of course, i know that. it happens. sometimes you just say stuff you don't mean."

beomgyu was relieved. happy that his brother was no longer angry at him and that they were back to usual.

"is there anything i can help you with?" asked beomgyu, gesturing towards the laptop.

"well, since soobin is being a bitch and won't open his mouth, here are the details. this van was spotted out of the fro--beomgyu are you listening?" asked yeonjun, who noticed beomgyu on his phone.

"is something wrong?" asked yeonjun, noticing the grim look on his brother's face.

"someone broke into the student council room..."

yeonjun's eyes widened in shock. "they did what?"

"they broke into the student council room...destroyed all the material related to the festival...and...they've written soobin slurs all over the student council room."

yeonjun was shocked. beyond shocked, actually. who had to guts to even do this? clearly, their main target was soobin.

yeonjun picked up and phone and dialed soobin's number.

the number you have dialed is currently switched, please try again later.

fck.

-------------------

hi

keep reading, commenting and voting

love,

pixiedust