twenty-eight

soobin looked at yeonjun, whose face was entirely lit up, like a kid who got something he wanted after so long.

a smile was a rare thing on yeonjun's face. even for soobin, who spent an awful amount of his time around yeonjun.

so when soobin saw yeonjun smiling so widely, there was only one thought that went through his mind.

he wanted to protect that smile. it didn't want it to be wiped off his face, he didn't want that smile to turn into something filled with sadness. he wanted yeonjun to be happy.

weird thing, isn't it? love.

soobin was put into such a bad situation on just the first day of school, thanks to yeonjun, yet he still fell for the man. it was just inevitable.

soobin was sure that no one, except beomgyu, knew what the actual yeonjun was like. everyone viewed him as a scary, tyrant sort of student in the school because of his status as 'owner'. what they didn't know was that that was simply yeonjun's facade. his facade to protect his brother from hatred.

the first week into the school and it had been very obvious to soobin that while yeonjun was hated and feared by everyone, beomgyu was loved and adored by the entire school. for some time, even soobin had thought the same about yeonjun but clearly, that wasn't the case anymore.

yeonjun turned, feeling the intense gaze of soobin. his smile dropped and he frowned. "why are you staring?"

"tsk." was all soobin said and turned away.

yeonjun was confused. he grabbed soobin's shoulder forcing him to look at yeonjun again. "what happened?"

soobin stared right into yeonjun's eyes. "you stopped smiling."

yeonjun frowned even harder. "what?"

"why did you stop smiling? you look so pretty when you smile."

yeonjun blinked, trying to process soobin's words. his ears turned red and he whacked soobin, real hard. "if i smiled all the time, i'd look like an idiot."

"well, you are an idiot."

"no you are!" retorted yeonjun.

"no, you! oooh, roasted." said soobin, mockingly.

yeonjun chuckled. "are you a 7th grader or what?"

"you just got wrecked---" continued soobin.

"AH, STOP. i don't want to hear anymore."

soobin was about to reply when beomgyu came up to them, running.

beomgyu paused for a second panting hard. "HYUNG WHERE WERE YOU?!"

yeonjun got up, looking at beomgyu with growing concern. "what happened?"

"dad is searching for you."

ah. of course. yeonjun got up and nodded. "got it. is he at home?"

"yep but---"

yeonjun tilted his head. "but what?"

"he wants you to bring soobin as well."

soobin looked at beomgyu in disbelief. "what?!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

yeonjun walked inside his house, his face pale, sweating fervently. this house had always made him uncomfortable but for the first time, he was walking in with fear.

because soobin was with him.

if yeonjun could, he would keep soobin thousands of miles away from his father. he had no idea what his father was thinking and he had no idea what his father would and could do to soobin?