nine

[ T/W : mentions of fire ]

soobin smiled, waving at xion, walking into the school.

"morning!" greeted soobin.

"hey," replied xion. "how was student council yesterday?"

"it was whatever. i got assigned with yeonjun, what a coincidence." said soobin, still annoyed about yeonjun. how dare he look down on soobin?

xion looked at soobin apprehensive. "you should really be careful. things on this side of the world is serious. when we say murder, we mean murder. when we say torture, we mean torture. so, really, don't joke around too much. i'm worried about you."

soobin was about to open his mouth to reply to xion when an announcement rang throughout the school.

"all student council activities and matches scheduled today are to be canceled. to respect today, students are also forbidden from challenging anyone to a match today. rank 1 and rank 2 have taken a leave as well, so any activities including the previously mentioned individuals are to be canceled for the day."

soobin frowned. this was new. well, he was a new student so he wasn't really familiar but clearly, this was something out of the normal.

soobin turned towards xion who was looking at his phone and said, "ahh, i didn't notice it, hmm."

soobin tilted his head. "notice what?"

xion looked around left and right. there were too many people here. he grabbed soobin and took him to the garden near the school. at least there were lesser people here.

soobin's eyes widened in surprise. he had never been to this place before. it was so pretty with all the plants and flowers and it gave off such a relaxing vibe, soobin wondered why he never discovered it further.

"why did you bring me here?" asked soobin, snapping himself out of the trance.

"well, i don't want to say anything that would spark a fire if someone heard it. so better safe than sorry."

"what are you talking about?"

"today is yeonjun and beomgyu's mother's death anniversary."

soobin's eyes widened. "oh is that they're absent?"

"yeah. but since we're on this topic, i think i should tell you about why yeonjun is so feared."

soobin tilted his head, confused and curious. to be honest, he never found yeonjun to be a scary person. sure, he was a bit of a douche but that was no reason to be scared of him.

"apparently, it was yeonjun. yeonjun was the one who killed his mom."

soobin's eyes widened and he gasped. "what? you're joking, right?"

"well, i'm sure you didn't watch the news at that age but if you belonged in the business world, there's no way you wouldn't know about it."

"when was it?"

"when yeonjun was 7. so 10 to 11 years ago."

soobin's jaw dropped. "you actually expect me to believe that a 7-year-old boy, killed his own mother?"

xion shrugged. "it's nothing surprising here. but honestly, i was surprised when i heard of it first. i was just like you, unbelieving. but i came to believe it."

soobin looked away, still not believing. this was just absurd. how was he expected to believe that a 7-year-old boy had killed his own mother?

"yeonjun had been arrested and even sent to the juvenile center for some time but of course, due to his father's influence, he was gotten out pretty quick."