sixteen

soobin was panicking. not a lot. just a little. yeah, just a little.

"yes" replied soobin, bowing down.

mr.choi raised an eyebrow as if judging soobin up to down. of course, he had heard about choi soobin. this guy had made it from rank 500 to rank 4 in a single day and hasn't played a single match since then. what astonished him, even more, was that this soobin guy seemed to come from a relatively normal family.

"could you tell me where yeonjun is?" asked mr.choi, giving soobin his most polite smile.

but of course, there was no way soobin was falling for that. soobin for 97% sure that this man was the reason why yeonjun seemed to have so much trouble expressing himself. but at the same time, there was no way he decline the request of the man.

soobin was just about to tell him the way when someone behind him said, "d-dad?"

soobin turned and saw yeonjun standing there, with a look of absolute terror on his face. soobin frowned, was he that scared of his dad?

"oh yeonjun. i was just looking for you."

yeonjun quickly walked towards them and stood in front of soobin, as if trying to cover him. "what was there something you wanted, father?"

soobin frowned. seriously, the last thing he wanted to see was yeonjun's butt. he tried slightly pushing yeonjun but yeonjun stood firm.

"is the young man behind you your friend?" asked mr.choi

without even hesitating for a second, yeonjun said, "no. he's just my subordinate. i don't want to make friends with low-class families anyways."

soobin's jaw dropped and his heart ached a little. that hurt. didn't they just reconcile? didn't yeonjun just say it was okay if soobin tried to break his walls?

"uh," said soobin, his voice a bit shaky. "i think i should get going. it feels weird when a low-class person is present in the conversation of such high-class people."

and soobin walked away, hurt. whatever.

it was obvious that any kind of relationship between him and yeonjun was not possible. not even friends.

yeonjun just reminded soobin of the difference between their levels.

-----------------------------------------------

yeonjun watched as soobin walked away. somewhere inside him, there was something telling him that he should stop soobin. that he should explain to soobin why he said what he said.

but what was the point anyways? everyone was like this. they get a taste of yeonjun's reality and without even questioning why yeonjun did that, they walk away. if yeonjun had to be honest, he thought that maybe, just maybe, soobin was a bit different. and maybe soobin would try to understand that yeonjun was a bit complex.

but again, wasn't yeonjun expecting too much?

"cold as ever, aren't you?" said yeonjun's dad, smiling.

yeonjun gave a fake smile in return. "i learned from the best. may i know the reason of your visit?"

"oh, right. you missed yesterday's dinner." said yeonjun's father, his tone stern.

yeonjun's eyes widened ever so slightly at the realization. shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. yesterday...the day he was out with soobin. how could he have forgotten the dinner?"

yeonjun bowed down. "i apologize."

"oh, it's alright. what were you doing?" asked yeonjun's dad. clearly, it wasn't alright. mr.choi wanted to know whether his son skipped the dinner for a valid reason or not.