eight

"get on your knees, baby just get on your knees. say pretty please, say pretty please, baby just say pretty please."

the corner of yeonjun's mouth twitched in annoyance. what on earth.

the rest of the student council members had moved into separate rooms to discuss their respective areas of expertise, leaving yeonjun and a disgustingly annoying soobin all alone, who just wouldn't stop singing.

yeonjun was tempted to just grab soobin and throw him out of the whole earth itself but one, not only was it not possible, two, he decided to act merely on his anger like a fool.

yeonjun took a deep breath. he could simply block out soobin and focus on his work. yeah. how simple. yeonjun grabbed his americano and took a sip of it. see, blocking out soobin was so easy and how peacefu--

"gOt a bOw oN mAh pAnTiEs bEcAuSe mY aSs iS A pReSeNt." sang soobin, head-banging and wiggling his arms around like a worm.

yeonjun spit out his americano, completely taken aback. he looked at soobin, aghast.

"just what is your problem?" asked yeonjun, annoyed beyond limit.

"give me something to do."

yeonjun put his hand on his forehead. well, there was plenty of stuff to do but he didn't think he could entrust it to soobin. he'd probably end up doodling in the corner of the documents.

as much as yeonjun didn't want to give soobin to do anything, he really didn't have any choice. he didn't want to listen to soobin singing that song. or any song for that matter.

yeonjun looked around. what could he give soobin? his eyes widened as he noticed something.

he gave soobin a bunch of documents.

soobin titled his head. "what am i supposed to do with these?"

"these papers contain the names of the students, their entrance test percentage, their class, when they joined, and their family income. i want you to make two lists. one list should be arranged based on their entrance test percentage and two, based on their family incomes."

soobin's eyes widened. "you want me to do this? by hand? but that's so much information? and why do you even need this?"

yeonjun raised an eyebrow. "well, this is necessary, you know. students with good marks and good family income are the families we can't touch. students with bad marks but high family incomes are the ones we can extort money from. where else are we going to get money for this festival? sponsors are only going to get us so much."

"what the hell? that's not fair! so what if they got bad marks, you can't loot the family of their money." said soobin, shocked.

yeonjun rolled his eyes. "of course, someone like you wouldn't get it, and plus, it isn't even a big amount."

"how much?"

"one million won." shrugged yeonjun, taking a sip out of his americano without spitting it out.

soobin gasped. "ONE MILLION WON?! what the hell. that's too much?"

yeonjun turned his focus back to soobin and with a sick smile on his face that sent shivers up soobin's spine, he said, "that's what i said. someone like you wouldn't get it."

soobin clenched his fists in anger. it was obvious that yeonjun was looking down on him because he didn't know how the business world worked. he didn't know business politics. but that was a given. soobin didn't come from a very rich family. his father had a decent income and so did his mom, enough to support both soobin and his brother, while being able to indulge in certain luxuries once in a while.