forty-five

soobin's room was quite different from what yeonjun had imagined. maybe it was because of soobin's aloof i-don't-really-care attitude but yeonjun expected the space to be much messier and all over the place. 

but it was not. instead, it was clean and spacious. all books neatly on the bookshelf, the study table was not cluttered, and most importantly, the bed was neat 

"surprised?" said soobin, right into yeonjun's ear, causing the latter to jump in surprise. 

"jeez, don't do that. you gave me a heart attack."

"don't i give you a heart attack every day with my cuteness?"

yeonjun looked at soobin with the most unamused expression on his face. "you were better off keeping your mouth shut."

soobin chuckled and pulled yeonjun into the room with him. soobin closed the door behind them and looked at yeonjun. "take a seat wherever you are comfortable."

yeonjun sat on the bed and soobin dragged a chair to sit opposite yeonjun. 

yeonjun frowned. "why are you sitting on a chair like that?"

"cause i wanna face you?"

yeonjun rolled his eyes. he grabbed soobin's arm and pulled him onto the bed. yeonjun lied down and forced soobin to follow suit. 

"yeonjun...we can't do this stuff at my house. we can go to a motel later..."

yeonjun pinched soobin.  "i just wanted to lie down next to you. it makes me feel relaxed."

soobin turned and faced yeonjun. his expression turned serious. "hey...you didn't need to...tell my parents all you know?"

"soobin, your home gives me this sort of warmth that I've never felt before. never. and your parents are the only adults who i've ever talked to whose interested in yeonjun as a person and not yeonjun, the heir to shinsen labels. don't worry, i didn't force myself to talk about it just because they were your parents, they just made me feel so safe and warm, i felt like i could talk about it. did i make them uncomfortable?"

"uncomfortable? hell no, if anything, if you weren't my boyfriend, they would've already kept the adoption papers ready. they like you. i'm sure of it."

yeonjun let out a sigh. "that's great to hear. i think you know, but i'm not well liked by people."

"that's cause they don't know the real you. you always keep this mean and scary face in front of others. remember how you treated me at first?"

"well, you kinda deserved it."

soobin looked at yeonjun, his jaw dropped in shock. "what?! how could you say that?"

yeonjun shrugged, "one, you were an obnoxious brat who didn't even i was rank 1 and the owner of the school. two, you said some weird kinky shit when it had been barely 5 minutes since we spoke. three, you called my brother a pussy."

"i didn't know you had a brother complex okay? in fact, i didn't even know that your brother was beomgyu."

"hah, you're hopeless."

"yeonjun, let's play 20 questions."

yeonjun looked at soobin, confused. "what's that?"

"it's a standard game that couples play to get to know each other, you know. i feel like we've skipped a gazillion bases from a normal couple."

"soobin, i think we're far from what people would perceive as a normal couple anyways. we're literally rank 1 and rank 1000."

"so what? it's good to not be a normal couple. i wouldn't have it any other way."