From Shinobi to Cardinal Sword Hero

Lyall the Werewolf: It took a while, but I finally managed to cross-post Rise of the Sword and the Shield on Wattpad. Think of this as a New Year's present.

So, without further ado, let's get started.

(I don't own Senran Kagura or Shield Hero)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark ominous surrounded what remained of Hebijo Clandestine Girls Academy. The skies were tainted with dark red, and the air smelled of sulfur.

Blood dripped from her scars as she looked upon the gigantic beast looming over her.

Orochi was a much more powerful monster than she had realized. She thought she defeated it once and for all when she put all of her remaining strength into that final strike. She thought it was over, but it wasn't. It came back up, almost instantly recovered from the fatal strike, poised to attack a now exhausted Asuka.

 It came back up, almost instantly recovered from the fatal strike, poised to attack a now exhausted Asuka

She stood listless and surrounded by an inferno created by the beast. She had just watched her friends, who had come to her aid not long after it rose once again, fall one by one before its might in their final bid for survival.

Yagyu and Hibari were smashed to bits in a tragic effort to protect each other by its gigantic tail. Katsuragi tried to rush the beast, only to be devoured alive by one of its grotesque heads. And lastly, Ikaruga was swallowed by the dark flames it spewed, with only her family's sword standing where she stood.

Now all alone on a scorching battlefield, Asuka sank to the ground lifelessly, crushed by the weight of this reality. The fiber of life that filled her being was gone. Her classmates, with whom she had made so many memories, died fighting for her. She failed to honor her grandfather's legacy as a Shinobi. Worst of all, she was unable to save Homura and the other Hebijo students from being possessed by the wrathful demon.

She had no idea if it was a coincidence or a twist of fate, but she felt a powerful connection to Homura from the moment they met. She felt that they were more similar than at first glance. They both wanted to get stronger and become the best Shinobi out there. For Asuka, she wanted to make her grandfather, the Legendary Shinobi Hanzo, proud of her and act as a righteous Sword and Shield to those who couldn't protect themselves. Homura wanted to be strong enough to protect her new family at Hebijo. Their alignment was different, but they had similar goals and drives to get stronger.

But now, having their will and essence stolen by Orochi, Homura, and the Hebijo students were no longer of this world either. All that was left to fight was Asuka. It was a despairing thought for the Hanzo student, being all alone with no one to turn to in this final battle.

Asuka was a stubborn girl by nature, however. Even though she was exhausted, her body creaking from unimaginable pain, and her allies wiped out, Asuka found the strength to stand back up.