Chapter 77 - A Little Persuasion

Nandini looked at her mother who was cooking happily. She frowned at the sight. Her mother looked more happier after Rachna visited. They stayed a while before leaving. Since then Sunaina seemed more happy than usual.

"Mom, you looked so happy" Nandini couldn't hold herself anymore and asked at the end.

Sunaina smiled, "why are you asking? Can't I be happy?"

Nandini shook her head, "I didn't mean that. I mean you seem more happier after Aunty Rachna visited you"

She nodded, "you are right. I am happy. I met her after so many years and it's like a golden time. Meeting her again after so many years has given a new birth to our old memories. Those days are so beautiful,sharing food, notes and making fun of teachers" she shook her head with a sigh.

Nandini smiled hearing her words, "you must have enjoyed most of your times together"

"We did. Well that's all before the marriage. Then where I am and where she is" she sighed again. "But I am glad I could meet her again after so many years. And it's all happening because of you"

Nandini frowned, "because of me? What did I do? I didn't even know you two were friends"

"Yes, that's the point. When you first told me about her as Manik's mother I got suspicious. So I used my old contact to confirm her" Sunaina smiled. "You are the link key between us" she walked to her daughter and hold her hand, "if it weren't for you, I would never had the chance to see my old friend again"

Nandini sighed, "mom, I didn't do anything. It's all because it was fated for you two to meet and .." she was saying but stopped abruptly.

Sunaina smiled, "what happened?"

Nandini suddenly looked surprised, "mom, it was really it is? I mean it's a fate?"

"Yes, things that are fated will definitely happen. Nothing can stop it. No matter how much you trying to ignore of avoid it. It will happen for sure. From one side Rachna and I was fated to meet so you become the link between us. And see we finally had the chance to meet again. Fate is real my dear, but it also true that it will give you clues and you have to pick it up and put some efforts to maje it easier" she said and went back to cooking again.

Nandini stared at her mother pondering over the words she said.

In the minister office....

Indrajit frowned as he looked at his assistant, "what did you say? He came again?"

"Yes, sir. I have told him everytime that you are busy but that really has strong guts that he came here everyday at same time. When I asked him why he does that he simply said you would have time for him one day and he is waiting for that day to come"

Indrajit raised an eyebrow. He had seen many man in his life but encountering this man he is feeling irritated. Why does this man seemed so reluctant to give up?

"Gentlemen, I have some important matter to discuss. If you could excuse me for a minute" he said to the people sitting infront of him.

"Sure" the two man nodded and got up. Then Indrajit gestured to his assistant to let the person come in inside.

After like few seconds the person came in. Indrajit narrowed his eyes as he looked at the man, "you seemed so reluctant to give up"

The person smiled, "giving up is not an option right now nor forgetting about is the solution. I do want to try it till the end"

Indrajit gestured him to sit down, "well I really appreciate your gut. You are really a strong willed person but let me tell you it won't work here. You are wasting your time and also mine. Your efforts are futile, it won't get you anywhere"

"Thank you for reminding me. I have been waiting for you to finally let me in"

Indrajit pursed his lips. He knows that the man infront of him wouldn't take no for an answer. He was already giving a hard time to meet him but that man was reluctant to give up. And at the end he was sitting right infront of him.

"What do you want to prove with that? Do you think you can get your goals by doing such thing?" Indrajit asked.

"There's no goal to set. What I want to ask for is a little conversation just to express what I feel. That's all"

"And what kind of benefits you will get from that?"

The person smiled, "it's not a business to talk about benefits, it's a matter of emotions and feelings that comes from heart"

"Then you are at wrong place young man. You should find the right place and right people to talk about it" Indrajit's voice turned hard.

Manik smiled, "I am at right place but it's just the mood isn't set for it. Mr. Nair you and I, we both know the purpose I am here for. I know things are different and I have no say in this matter. But I also want to tell you that I love your daughter too much to give her up just like that"

"Whatever it is, why are you telling me that? I have more important work to do. If you have nothing to say more then you can leave now" Indrajit said in indifferent tone. He started gather his files on table.

"Nothing can be more important than the matter of your daughter's life" Manik told him which made Indrajit's action stop for a moment. Manik looked at him seriously, "Mr. Nair, I know you don't like me for some reasons and think that Nandini could be more than happy with the person you chose for her. I won't say it's wrong because I know as a father you only want best for her. But happiness is something we couldn't force ourselves to have it with those things we don't want at all. Nandini loves me, she is even ready to elope with me. I could have taken her and hide her somewhere you could never find her again let alone seperate us. I could have done all these but I didn't because I know, even if I supported this idea it would only hurt everyone related to it. Specially her,  She couldn't start a new life with the thought she hurted her family, her father. The ones who is close to her heart. I want everything to happen with the consent of the elders" Manik sighed.

"Children could run away and start a new life on their own. That idea might seem appealing in the first phase but for the later life it will become toxic. Because the happiness and peace needed to built a beautiful life won't be there. And I don't want Nandini to regret her whole life because of the excitement of few moments. Mr. Nair, I love your daughter. I want to give her a good life, a good future and a happy family. But even if I want to do that I couldn't, because the most important thing we need is still lacking, the blessings of you and others. I could guarantee that Nandini also want it too it's just she don't want to see this truth right now"

Indrajit stared at him silently. Manik's face was hard but looked sincere. He had seen many man who will claim their true love but looking at the man infront of him he narrowed his eyes at him.

"Are you done speaking? You can leave now. I have an important meeting to attend" Indrajit said indifferently.

Manik stood up, "I understand, I won't bother you Mr. Nair. You may think I am probing here but no, I came here so that I can saw you I am sincere about my feeling and intention towards your daughter. I couldn't claim that I will make her the happiest woman if she marries me but I could say that I will give my best to keep her happy till my last breath. This is a promise I made to myself and also the reason I want to do everything to fulfill it"

"You should tell your speech to Nandini. She might be happy to hear it young man. But I told you before it won't work on me"

"What I said is not for her to hear but for you to consider to see my true feelings for once"

His reply made Indrajit frown, "and why is that?"

Manik smiled, "because your yes is the ultimate source of happiness for us" then he left.

Indrajit sat there looking at his back.

🌲🌸💮🏵️🌼🌺🌼🏵️💮🌸🌲

A/N : Nandini's family surname may differ if I mentioned it before. This story is slow updated one so I may lost tracks in placing the right and correct word in some chapter. If anyone of you think that Nandini's surname is different then please enlighten me with it.