Chapter 58 - His Proposal

"What happened to you? You look moody" Samara said as soon as she saw Nandini who looked like sulking deeply. She don't understand why her mood was that horrible today. Since she came to the office her mood was like that.

"Nothing" Nandini replied and refused any further comments.

"Come on Nandini, you really can't hide it. I mean you looked angry why?" Samara persuaded to speak.

Nandini turned to look at her "why are you so insisting? Are you really that interested?"

"You can say that" Samara grinned. Then it was like she realised something, "okay don't tell me you had argument with the CFO?" She narrowed her eyes.

"Why are you bringing her up here? I don't want to talk about him" Nandini huffed and turned her gaze towards the screen of her computer.

Her ignorance confirmed Samara's doubt and she sighed. "Nandini are you really going to ignore him?"

"What do you mean?" Nandini turned her head frowning at her.

"Well what I want to say it..." Samara shrugged "he seemed to be sincere about his intentions. Aren't you going to consider it?"

"Are you taking his side?" Nandini asked unhappily.

Samara shook her head "no, I am not. You are my friend and of course, I will be at your side. I don't know clearly what kind of bad experiences you shared with him. But whatever he is doing is sincere and everyone can see that. You know no man is willing to get in his knee for you even after rejection if he doesn't care about you from heart. But when I look at his eyes, I can see there was a longing, for you"

"You are thinking too much. His current attitude is nothing infront of what he did in past. Do you think it's easy to forget what happened because of what happening? If that was possible then I guess there won't be any pain in this whole world" Nandini disagreed.

"No, I am not saying you should forget" Samara hurried to explain. "I just wanted to say, I know you are hurt and he has a reason for that right?"

Nandini narrowed her eyes "his reason couldn't reach to the point of justification" she almost gritted her teeth.

"Okay, as you say. I understand your point.  Whatever happened was wrong and he hurt you. But he is here isn't it? He wanted to rectify his mistakes because he knows what he did. He realised and regretted deeply. He wanted to make everything right"

"It won't change the past" Nandini replied.

Samara stopped and pursed her lips "but you can change your future isn't it?"

Nandini was silent. Samara took the chance and continued. "No one can actually forget the past because it's our part. But we couldn't live our whole life with it. If it could happen theh there won't be classification as past, present and future. Past happened to meant to stay behind. And we live in present and build the future for ourselves. Nandini who does do wrongs in our lives? But to know how regretful they are we need to provide the chance. Everyone deserves it and you two"

Nandini looked at her while Samara smiled "I really don't understand much of this love thing but I knew that if one does wrong then he should repent and should be given a chance to prove his sincerity. And if he couldn't change himself then he is bastard who needed to be ignored and cast aside. You must be holding the burden of pain in your heart, do you want to drag it till you die? Don't you want to loosen it so that you can really love a carefree life? May be not for him but for yourself give a chance" Samara said and turned around looking at her work. She didn't speak after that.

Nandini sat there pondering over the matter. She was aware that she couldn't change the past. Manik did hurt her and it was painful. But wasn't he hurt too? A wounded heart is reluctant to accept anything and any explanation would irritate then. How could he finds her love would be loyal when it was the reason of him being hurt? Nandini bite her lips as she thought again.

But despite that reason he never had the right to hurt her and keep her in dark. If he was hurting he could have told her to back off or she don't have any chance. Even if it was painful she would have accepted fully. She loved him so she would never want to disturb him. But he didn't. He showed the mix feeling. He cares not not cared, he loves but never loved. And she was too confused to determined what in his mind. Nandini held her head in her hand and closed her eyes squeezing it. She don't know what she should do.

Later when the office hour has finally ended Nandini and Samara walked out.

"Let me drop you today" Samara offered and Nandini was about to reply when she saw a car pulled infront of them. Manik slides the glass down.

Samara looked at it then to Nandini before smiling. She leaned and whispered in her ear "I think I had to take my offer back. See you next week" she waved her hand and went towards her car.

Nandini wanted to say something but she couldn't voice out anything. All she could do was looking at her. Manik saw the scene and get out of the car before walking towards her.

"Nandini let me drop you home" he said even though he was fearing of her rejection.

Nandini didn't said a thing and directly went to the car before getting inside. Manik heaved a sigh and walking towards the driver seat he sat down starting his car. Soon the car drove on the road.

On the way Manik kept looking at her. He wanted to say few things but looking at her ignorance he couldn't utter a word nor he could find a courage to start the conversation. He sighed then focused on the road. There was few stalls opened selling fast foods. There are people laughing and enjoying their time. Manik looked at them then glanced at Nandini from the corner of his eyes.

"It's Friday, what are you doing in weekend?" He asked finally, after giving much thought about his proper words. 

"Nothing" Nandini's reply was short but he was relieved that at least she replied something.

"Would you like to go with me somewhere?" He asked again.

Nandini's head snapped towards him. Her face was frowning and she couldn't understand his meaning. Go with him? Is he asking for a date or something?

Manik understood her confusion and added to clear her mind "no funny business. It's just a casual trip"

"A trip?" Nandini uttered.

"Yeah, only if you don't mind. You can always reject me" he smiled hiding the disappointment in his heart. He couldn't force her. He had hurt her a lot and he couldn't bear to do it again. So even if she rejects his proposal he would understand of course. The silence in the car had his heart beat rise to its peak. Though he was nervous inside, he was waiting for her reply even if it was rejection he wanted to hear.

He was sure that she would say no but to his surprise she replied something else "its fine then, I am free and bored in the apartment anyway"

He looked at her ik surprise. It was totally unexpected. He grinned suddenly  "did you really agreed?"

"I can always reject if you want" she repeated his words.

"No" he almost shouted. "I mean it's great. I will pick you up in the morning by 8 then" he calmed himself and replied.

Nandini didn't said a word she turned her head to look outside even though the view was dark. She didn't agree nor refused avd thinking about it Manik suddenly felt another hope blooming in his heart.