Chapter 11 - The Wedding

Next morning, Nandini's puffy eyes caught Sanchita's attention. Today they are leaving the hostel. Since the exam has finished already they had 2 weeks vacation. Sanchita got ready as she need to leave early. But once she is out of bathroom she frowned.

Nandini was packing her luggage. But her mind was not with her. The last night's call tore her heart. His harsh words still ringing in her ear.

What you suffered was your own fault.

How long you plan to  bother me like that?

Do you think crying behind my back or making yourself look like so pitiful before everyone will make things good?

I don't love you not will ever love you.

Nandini closed her eyes as a pain rushed through her heart. It's so painful yet she couldn't do anything. Why she is so helpless in this love matter. What's her fault in this? Is it because she started to understand what is love? And because of that she is suffering from this pain? She loved him so much then why? Why he is so harsh and couldn't understand her pain?

"Nandini?"

She opened her eyes and looked at Sanchita's concerned face.

"What happened to you?" Sanchita's eyes widened.

Nandini shook her head lightly "nothing, I am fine. You are not getting ready?"

Sanchita nodded "I am done" then she sat before Nandini "what happened to you? You cried last night again?"

Nandini wanted to tell everything about last night but Sanchita is already dissatisfied with Manik and now after what he said last night Nandini don't think there's any need for her to talk about it. Besides what's the point of this? Telling her won't change anything. Nandini shook her head and sighed.

She zipped her bag and looked at Sanchita "it's nothing. Don't worry I am fine. I am feeling much better than yesterday"

Sanchita looked at her not believing a word "are you trying to hide something from me?"

Nandini shook her head "no, why would I lie to you? Besides if you don't hurry you will miss your flight"

Sanchita looks like she wanted to say more but at the end she just nodded her head "fine, it's almost time. I will meet you after 2 weeks"

Nandini forced a smile "see you soon"

Sanchita hugged her and took her bag before leaving the room. Nandini watched her closing the door and instantly her eyes brimmed with tears. She never cried much till now but after he entered her life crying is like a regular thing for her.

After two hours she pulled herself up and left the hostel too. It will 2 h 30 min journey from Delhi to Chennai. This is the first time she doesn't feel happy for this vacation. Throughout the whole journey she thought about what happened in these past days. She has become someone different from her original being. And it all happened after he entered into her life.

When she walked out of the Chennai Airport it was already evening. The distance from the airport to her home was not long so she took a cab on the way. With dull face she get out the taxi and dragged her trolley beg with her. The moment she opened the gate Nandini's eyes widened with surprise.

What's going on?

She looked around. Her house was decorated with  string lights and flowers garlands like some kind of occasions. She frowned as she stepped forward. She don't remember having anyone's birthday today nor there's any occasion planned. Then why suddenly the theme of her house looks like a wedding one? Nandini tried to think but still couldn't understand. When she ring the bell, the first person she saw was her mother who opened the door.