Chapter 4 - Let's Make A Bet

Nandini went towards her class. She needs to attend it though she still don't have the heart to do so. Her body was weak from lack of sleep and energy. She did not even eat properly. Afterall she was missing him too much. It's already over 2 weeks that he disappeared. No calls, no message nor any sign of him. Exactly where did he go suddenly? She wanted to ask but don't know to whom?

Sighing to herself she slowly walk towards the door. The noise from inside could be heard but she was too careless to pay any attention to it. Just as she about to step farther she bumped into something.

"What the hell? Are you blind you bas-" the loud scream of other person stopped in middle "Nandini?"

Nandini looked up rubbing her forehead only to find Sanchita looking at her.

"Why are you walking like a corpse?are practicing to perticipate in some zombie drama?"

Nandini rolled her eyes "shut up and help me"

Sanchita extended her arm to pull her up. Sanchita was quite strong. Even after bumping she was still standing where Nandini directly fall on floor.

"Tell me? Why do I feel like you only have some cracked bones in your body. So weak that a light bump made you fall on your butt?" Sanchita frowned gazing at her friend's body. She looked so weak and worn out.

"It's nothing. I was not prepared"

Sanchita fought the urge to bark loudly. Is she kidding? Prepared?

"Really?" She narrowed her eyes "tell me who does get prepared to get bumped with others?" Then she flicked her fingers on Nandini's forehead making her wince "you are too good at making up reasons to refute back"

Nandini glared at her and rubbed her forehead "what happened to you? What about your changed attitude?"

"Changed attitude? Seriously?" Sanchita rolled her eyes "damn girl! Are you taking about it really?since you are so observant then why can't you simply see that the one who changed is not me actually"

"You talk too much" Nandini patted her dress.

"No, you think too much. I have been watching you already. You can lie to yourself but not me"

Nandini turned to look at her best friend "are we really gonna argue over this?"

"I choose not to but sometimes you don't give me any choice either" Sanchita sighed "okay let's get to the point. I know that man look so handsome and charming and I also got the point that you already fall for him. But getting crazy for him is not something reasonable to do nor to explain. You have been skipping meals and excercise because you are not able to talk to him?"

Nandini sighed "you don't understand".

She was also fighting with herself. Thinking all this she has been doing this days. She was never like this before nor she become this crazy for someone who is still not close to her. Then why suddenly he barged inside her life and made her do those things she never imagined before. All these feeling...are too emotional to express. Everything stuffed inside her and she has no way to deal with it.

"Trust me I really don't want to understand that" Sanchita replied as they walk inside the classroom to attend.

After the class Sanchita left for another class and Nandini sat on bench placed in garden area. It was used for break and students use it to hang out, gossip or even to read. The peaceful place is quite comfortable for reading if it was not crowd enough. Nandini opened her notebook and went through the information written on it which she collected during her class.

"Hey" a voice interrupted her work. She looked up only to find a familiar face smiling down at her. Nandini's heart skipped a beat instantly. It was him. He is here. The bubble of happiness started to build inside her. She was missing him too much that seeing him right now standing in front of her suddenly made her emotional.