Chapter 33 - Final Term

"What?" Sanchita asked frowning "Manik had an accident? How?"

"How would I know? I was just informed about it" Nandini bit her lips.

"Who informed you?"

"Manik"

"Huh?" Sanchita was no in confused. "Wait, wait, you said Manik had an accident then the one who informed you was himself?" She shook her head "what's happening? The person who got into an accident called you to tell you hen encountered an accident?"

Nandini shrugged "it's seems though"

"Who does that? That man don't have any sense yet kept hitting you all the time. What the fuck does he want now? Does he expecting you to run to him as soon as you heard the news?"

Nandini didn't reply.

Sanchita sighed "look Nandini, I know you love him. But that man is senseless. He couldn't even see how hard you tried, fight to get his attention. Sometime he behaves like a caring one then the very next second he will become number one jerk. I hate to see the crying face of yours. You will never be in peace of you kept roaming around him. He won't stay happy nor will let you stay happy "

Nandini threw her phone on the bed and sit down. It was true he never cared. There was some point she thought he is changing or may be recognising her efforts but everytime her heart shattered. Why does he behaves like she is important giving her hope then shatter it into pieces? How long she could handle it?

Sanchita walked towards her and patted her shoulder "Nandini, I am your best friend. I would never want you to get hurt. I know this love is painful. Its hurting you in the worst way possible. But if you keep thinking about it then you are ruining your life. A one sided love is always painful. And you already have been through a lot. I can't see you in pain"

Nandini nodded "I know, I have never doubted on you"

"So what are you going to do now?"

"Since he called, I have to go. At least he wouldn't blame me for anything. And I also want to know what does he want"

"Are you sure?" Sanchita asked worried.

Nandini nodded "yes, our study is about to end. And may be after this we won't see each other anymore. Sanchita it hurts. It hurts that he never cared, he was the first person I ever loved like this and and also the first for whom I went so crazy, crazy to the point I forgot myself. But at the end I came back empty handed. There's no point of my love and care" a lone tears escaped from her eyes.

"Nandini please, don't cry. You are a string girl isn't it?" Sanchita rubbed her back.

Nandini wiped her face "Thanks for helping me Sanchita. I don't know what would I have done alone"

"Come on, you can't be like this. When you want to go?"

"I will go at noon. I am hungry, I want to eat something "

"I know a place where you can chill yourself. Come on get ready"

"Okay" Nandini nodded.

~~~~~~~

At noon Nandini reached the hospital.  Few ambulance arrived after her. She can see the wounded patients were brought inside the hospital on stretcher. Nandini sighed looking at the patients in pain. She really don't like hospital. She had to stay in the hospital because of her accident and now she is here for him again. She shook her head and walked inside.

"Excuse me, I am here to meet Manik Malhotra. Can you please tell me in which room he is staying?" Nandini asked the receptionist.

"You are-"