Chapter 38 - I Will Drive You Home

"This project is gonna kill us" Samara groaned "BM can you tell me if we can get holiday in the meantime?"

Iniya rolled her eyes "you better focus on your work. Since this project has came, it's a kind of rolling in desktop with a workload"

"Come on" Samara groaned again "it's already the last month. Christmas is coming up. And you are saying while others are seeing Santa we have to sit infront of desk to work? You can't be joking"

"Who said I am? This time the whole stuff are getting only a day for Christmas and the first day of the January as holiday. As for others, you can forget untill the project duration is finished"

Samara rolled her head and banged  it on her table. Yadav laughed out.

"It will be better to finish this project so that we could rest and have holidays like normal" Nandini gathered her file.

"But this is not only on us. The financial team and strategy team need to give their side of work too" Iniya replied.

"I just hope to get out of the workload. I can't believe boss chosen us for this project as team. But..." suddenly Samara smiled "it's also a kind of benefit"

"What benefits?" Yadav frowned.

"Can't you see? The CFO is also in this project so working as team means I get to see him frequently"

"You are really into him?" Yadav frowned "look out, there are many other who could just chop you into pieces to get him"

"Those are bitches, they only knows how to bark around to get attention. Besides looking at the new CFO's current attitude I don't think he is a kind of guy who will just jump into something without thinking a bit" Samara retorted.

"Wow, and you just understand him so well?" Yadav raised his eyebrow.

"I have eyes so I can see well"

"What do you think Nandini?"

"Huh?" Nandini frowned.

"You didn't heard what we are saying?" Yadav asked.

"About what?" Nandini put the on the table. "Sorry I was thinking something else"

"OMG, just where you are living girl? You missed our important matter" Samara gasped.

"What important?" Nandini asked again.

Iniya rolled her eyes "they are arguing about the new CFO. It's better if you just ignore them"

"Oh come on" Samara shook her head "you listen to me girl. What do you think of new CFO's attitude towards other girls in the office. Do you think if he will sleep with one of them or just ignore"

Nandini pursed her lips. She had witnessed so many things. She don't know about other girls. He was always warm with others but he was like a cold stone to her. No matter what she does his heart would never melt. She tried for such a long time but failed at the end.

"I don't know" Nandini gave a short reply.

"But you could have a kind of intuition you know" Samara seemed like she is not going to let her go. Nandini sighed in her heart.

"I don't know him then how will I have any king of thought about his behaviour or something. It's not like we are friends to give my opinion about him. Fot god's sake we have important matters to discuss instead of talking about unnecessary things"

Samara and Yadav looked at her pursing their lips. Iniya looked at the situation and cleared her throat.

"I think we need to focus on the current project. We need to submit our work soon so work faster instead of gossiping "