Chapter 8 - His Reaction

"He said what?"  Sanchita tilted her head as she frowned. She couldn't believe what she heard so she asked again just to confirm it if she misheard it.

Nandini felt headache and she rubbed her forehead "didn't you heard? He said thank you"

"I thought you are crazy at first but now I was mistaken. You are not the only one who is crazy because that person is also in the list too" saying this Sanchita rolled her eyes "who reply thank you to a confession? Is he mad or something hit his head that injured his good sense?"

Nandini couldn't help but feel like crying. Last night she was so exited. She knew that it was early and fast to confess to him like that but she couldn't handle her emotions back so she said without thinking twice. She feared if she could never tell how she feels about him and some other girls reacts before her then at that time it will be too late for her to regret. And she really don't want to take the chance. But what she didn't expected was his simple reply.

Sanchita is right. Who reply thank you in return of I love you. She was not joking to him when confessing. After talking to him for quite sometime she already fallen for him. Can't he feel her emotions and sincerity though her confession? Why he replied like that?

"This is the first time I heard such answer. What a ridiculous" Sanchita's voice dragged her back to reality again "Nandini are you really sure about your feeling to that man? I mean I know you are serious but I can't really guarantee about his side though. And after listening to his reply I am definitely sure that person is ignorant one"

"I think I was too fast to say something like that" Nandini said slowly.

Sanchita looked at her like what the hell. She rolled her eyes again then shook her head.

"You are still defending him like that? Are you that obsessed with him?" Sanchita shook her head in disbelief "I can't understand how you have become like this" she huffed.

"You don't understand what I am feeling right now" Nandini defended "may he thought that the way I said was inappropriate so he didn't wanted to embarrass me and replied like that"

Sanchita threw a poker face "oh, and saying thank you didn't embarrassed you enough?"

Nandini bite her lips. She don't know what to reply. Last night after the phone call she couldn't even sleep a wink. For whole night she laid on bed and stared at the ceiling. Her mind kept playing the words he said back like a broken recoder which don't have stop botton. She confessed her feelings with all emotions and sincerity but she don't know where it went wrong that he couldn't answer her back and just threw two words thank you?  Is that even an answers?

What does that thank you mean? What he was trying to say to her? Could not he understand what she said?

"Are you done day dreaming?" Nandini looked at Sanchita who was frowning.

"What?"

"What are you going to do now?" Sanchita asked.

"Do what?"

"Hearing his reply I really don't think you should go and confront him but given to your current condition and current you I also know that you are not going to let it go. So that's why I am asking what are you going to do now?"

Nandini pondered for a while. She knew it was not a right choice but her heart is restless and she couldn't sit well until he answer her.

"I will find him"

Sanchita sighed "are you sure? Look Nandini I know you want to get the answer and I also know you are sad but I am worried about you and I am worried that with this current situation it may hurt you the most. And as your best friend I will never wish for that. With your behaviour changing like this I am scared"