Chapter 45 - The Morning Argument

The morning sun rays fell through the window while the warm breeze blowing the drapes slightly. Nandini woke up only to find herself sitting on the floor whole her was leaning on the edge of the bed. She don't know when she got sleepy after the long night. She cried a lot. She was trying to move on, leaving the past behind yet, Manik ruined all her plan. The phone on the bed righ showing up with Samara's name.

Nandini reached for the phone and answers it. Before she could utter a word Samara's voice echoed in the other line.

"Nandini, are you alright? I am getting ready for the work. Let me pick you up on the way"

Nandini checked the time and let out a groan. It was 8 already and she have to reach by 9 there.

"It's fine, I can -"

"I am picking you up, don't give me it's fine and okay craps" then the other line died down. Nandini sighed and pulled herself up. She rubbed her face and slowly walked towards the bathroom. She quickly took shower and got ready. She made a hot coffee and hurriedly drank. She was about to grab her bag when her phone rang again.

"I am waiting outside, come down" Samara said in the phone before hanging up. For a moment she didn't let Nandini to speak a word. Nandini sighed again, she don't understand what what Samara is up to. She shook her head. Grabbing her beg she walked towards the door.

Outside Samara was pouting in the car. Yadav glanced at her and frowned "what happened now? Weren't you little harsh on her?"

"What do you know?" Samara glared at him "if I don't do this, she would slap my face with a huge refuse"

"But she just had a huge blow yesterday. You can't expect her to be all good and fine. Give her little space" Yadav argued.

"You are seriously...." Samara rolled her eyes "dint try to reach me. If we let her stay alone in this situation, all she could think was the incident that saddened her. She will never able to get away from it. Is this what you want? If we keep her company, at least even for a few moments she will be able to forget it. I am doing this for her own good"

Yadav couldn't reply. He looked at her in surprise. She was always that happy go girl. But to his surprise she was thoughtful. Today he finally found her as someone who really knows how care when it's time.

"What are you doing here?" Nandini looked at the person in shock. She couldn't believe her eyes. When she opened the door intending to get out she saw him standing here.

Manik don't know how to respond so he rubbed his nap nervously. He was never nervous in his life like today. Not even when he was preparing the big presentation.

"I was going to the work, so I thought I could give you a ride" he made an excuse. He thought of many things but now looking at her his mind was paused, not working at all. So he could only through the excuse he maje at emergency.

Nandini narrowed her eyes "who said I want your ride? What do you think of yourself?"

"Don't take me for wrong. I don't mean any harm" he said shaking his head.

"Whether you mean any harm or not, don't try to outsmart yourself infront of me. You have already done enough damage to my life years ago and now to my reputation in the party. If you have an ounce of humanity please leave me alone" she joined her hand infront of him in anger.

Manik felt helpless. There was a time when this girl infront of him would smile whenever she saw him. She would try to make him happy all the time even if he behaves so rudely towards her. Now she is the same girl standing infront of him, wanting him to leave. At that time, he might didn't show her but he cared, he enjoyed her company, her lovely talks. But how could he tell her this? He knows she will never trust him, not after whatever happened in the past.