Chapter 50 - The Advice

Nandini looked at him with a frown. She couldn't understand why she ended up here again, with him at the lone corner. The office stuffs walked passed them, threw glances. Nandini felt awkward as they looked at her. She couldn't endure the silence anymore.

"What do you want to say? Are you just going to stand there looking at me?"

"I am sorry, if I made you feel difficult" Manik apologised immediately.

"I don't need your apology, just say what you want to say. I am hungry and want to go back so that I can eat something" Nandini said hurriedly.

"It won't take time I promise" Manik nodded, "tomorrow is weekend, are you free?"

"Why?" She asked.

"Just say Nandini"

"How can you ask me that? If you think I will agree to whatever you want then it's your biggest mistake. I had enough of your attitude. Can't you just stop it for once. The girl who chased after you is gone now. I am not the past me"

Manik looked at her intensely, "I didn't say that. Of course I know about our situation right now. I won't ask you anything that you won't like. All I want is your little time. That's all I needed. And I know you can give me that don't you?"

Nandini sighed, "what do you want Manik? I am tired of you and your mysterious attitude. For once in life will you be little loyal to yourself?"

"I want to be loyal to myself and you. That's why I am asking for a little time of yours" Manik heaved a sigh, "I know after what happened it's hard for you to understand me and the situation we have. But you have to give me a chance to explain everything"

Nandini felt a tug in her heart. Emotions started to swirl in her eyes. He said to explain everything? What's there to explain more? She wanted him to say this, to give her explanation, to make her understand what does he really wants but he never did. Now after years he was saying to explain?

"You never took the chance and now you want me to give you one?" She asked, "don't you think it's quite late for that? What I am going to do with your explanation? It won't change the whatever situation we are in"

"I know, but I want you to know. I want to clear myself with you. I want to tell you everything " he replied. They looked at eachother for few more moments before Nandini turned her head avoiding his gaze. She couldn't look into his eyes.

"I don't think I can do this" she sighed, "it's too much for me to endure. Just let whatever we had in past and move on. You were great at it, I guess you can do it this time too" she said and turned back to leave.

"Nandini" she heard him call. She stopped moving but didn't turn back.

"I know I can't change anything that happened in past. If you want to move on then I won't stop you, I won't bother you anymore. But you have to listen to me first. If you are choosing to to get away then listen to me first before taking your decision. I will be waiting for you in Garde Manger Cafe tomorrow evening. Even if you don't come I will wait"

She heard his footsteps going away. Nandini felt herself in trouble. She don't know what should she do now. She was hurt because of his act, they way he ignored her, neglected her feeling it hurt her so much. She wanted to ask for explanation from him but he never gave her the chance. Now that he is ready she don't want it anymore. She don't know what should she do now. It's difficult for her to take the decision.

Later she went back to her department. She don't feel hungry anymore. She was aimlessly looking at the file. Her mind was clouded with what he said at lunch time.

"Nandini, can you-" Iniya stopped once she saw Nandini was spacing out. She frowned slightly and tapped on her shoulder. Nandini jumped in shock. She turned to look and found Iniya looking at her.

"You are spacing out. What happened?"

"It's nothing. I was thinking about something" Nandini sighed.

"You look tense. What happened?" Iniya asked again.

Nandini thought for a while "BM if you are put into some difficult situation where you don't know what to do what will you do?"

Iniya frowned "Nandini what kind of question is that?"

"I mean if you are in the middle of past and present. Where you can't take decision to let it go and hold onto it. Something in the past you wanted yet you are too hurt. What are you going to do?"

Iniya smiled at her, "if things are not clear then how I am going to take decision? Nandini to get over things I need to know the reason first. Even if I am hurt I want to know the reason why I was hurt. How will judge my hurt is worth or not if I don't know why it's started in the first place. Things may be dificult but it will be easier if you know what you are doing is right"

Nandini looked at her and nodded 'I think you are right"

Iniya smiled "here" she handed her a file. "I cane here to give you last of file of Japan project. After this we are going to submit the finall project"

Nandini hold the fine "yes, I will check it"

"You need to relax first" Iniya smiled "clear your mind first before you focus on the project. You can't work properly with absent mind. Or boss will be angry"

"I will" Nandini nodded. After Iniya left Nandini thought about what she said. To let go, she need to know why she was hurt. Manik never said anything about it but this time he was ready to tell her everything. He was taking the first steps to clear everything. If he wants her to listen to his explanation then she will do it. She wanted to know why he always rejected her like that. She wanted to know, why he never gave any attention to her efforts. She loved him so much yet he never cared.

Later that night Manik was working in his laptop. His eyes were focused on the screen. He was checking the final project file of the project. He had calculated everything and fixed the budget to get the project done. After finishing the final review he checked the whole file again. Just then his phone rang distracting him. He glanced at it only to see his 'mom' flashing on the screen.

"Mom" he picked up the call.

"Manik have you had dinner?" His mother asked.

"Not yet mom. I am still working"

His mom sighed "it's almost midnight yet you are still working?"

"I am working on a project mom. It's the final review I need to do it before the next week"

"But it's not good to skip your dinner Manik. Do you want to get sick? You don't have anyone to take care of you. You need to understand that" his mother scolded him.

Manik sighed, "I will eat after I am fine mom. It's almost finished I am giving a secund check. It will be done in next 2-3 minutes "

"Don't forget to earn your food before you eat"

"I know mom" he smiled.

"So what happened on her side?"

"I am clearing everything with her mom. I am tired of all this. But I guess even after this nothing will change. She is not ready to listen to me but I am trying my best"

"Manik don't rush thing. That poor girl is hurt and the one who hurt her was you. You can't expect her to understand you so easily. I know Nandini is smart, if you explain she will listen. Then let her judge this matter by herself. You can't force on her, you need to tell her the truth and that's all you could do"

"I know mom" Manik nodded. "It was fool of me for ignoring her like that. I should have accepted when there was a chance" he closed his eyes when regret washed over his heart and mind.

"Manik we couldn't change what has happened. All we could do is hope. If she refuse you need to think it's your fate and accept it"

"I know mom" he replied but in his heart he was reluctant to accept it.