Chapter 28 - He Misunderstood

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Sanchita asked. She couldn't help but frown.

Nandini nodded as she counted the money. She had already told him to come by evening and after giving her words how can she back away?

"Nandini you sure know how to help him intentionally or unintentionally. But at the end you will help him no matter what. But whatever you are doing for him will he take it to heart? Will he even consider your kindness?"

Nandini looked at Sanchita "we don't help other to be recognisable in future nor we land helping hand for any benefits. We help because we know humanity. Besides whatever situation he is in its not only for the affection I have or other things related to heart. But this time it's related to humanity. And if there was another person instead of him, and if I knew him I will do the same thing" she sighed "I know him well and I also know my position and where I stand. But because of the chaos in our situation I can't forget that I am still human and there's a sense of humanity I have in me. This is what my parents told me, whether the person is friend of enemy of its all same"

Sanchita rolled her eyes "okay you don't have to give such huge lecture on humanity. I am not saying you should back away. But in my eyes him and other person has different meaning. The current him was also the person who countlessly hurting you. He was also him who kept insulting you. And as your friend I really don't have that sense of humanity in me for him to take any pity. For a person like him who don't know what humanity is, you are doing favour plastering the word 'humanity' in between"

"I know he hurted me. And I am also aware of everything he has done. But I also can't forget the feelings I have. Though it's really easy to say but it the hardest thing to do. After loving someone wholeheartedly how can I just forget it in a day. My heart hurts because he couldn't understand my feelings but that does not mean I will do the same. If I place myself on his term then what's the difference between me and him?"

"But that money you saved to buy your favourite dress. You really have such a big heart for it. Sacrificing everything you have for him?"

"Is a dress more important then a innocent life?" Nandini asked.

"You just believe him whatever he said don't you? I mean he could have lied to you too"

"A person like him who wanted to avoid me any cost do you think he will have the free time to play lying game with me? Besides I have seen him, and I can see he is sincere about what he said"

"Okay I am not gonna talk about it. Besides I don't have good impression on that man so it's better if I just stop discussing about him. Either way you are also not stopping from what you are doing so you also better not talk to me. This is the last semester and its more important to study" Sanchita rolled her eyes and turned around to look at her books. After that she totally ignored Nandini. Nandini saw this and shook her before sighing.

In the evening, it was 6 when Nandini walked out of the gate. She looked around and saw no one. She frowned slightly. She believed he would come but seeing no one was here she sighed. May be he didn't took her words seriously. She choose to help but if he couldn't consider it and wanted to ignore them it's not her problem anymore. If the person who need don't want to put away the arrogance then how could other approch to help. Sighing she turned to walk inside the gate again but her gaze fell in the corner and found a tall silhouette there. She frowned. It was almost dark outside so she could not see the face. Suddenly the silhouette moved and walked forward. Nandini braced herself if it was another person she would directly run inside.

Soon the person come out from darkness and she heaved a sigh. Manik stood there silently. He just looked at her and refrained to say anything. Nandini know what he was waiting but she also wanted him to at least put some words in his mouth. After waiting for a minute when he didn't say anything. She shook her head inwardly. This man is too arrogant. He wouldn't say anything to let down his ego. Right she wanted to slap herself for the first time for falling in love with this man.

She walked and shoved a package in his hand "here, go and help your cousin" then she turned around and walk towards the gate.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked suddenly making her stop.

She didn't turned around "because even if you think so lowly of me I still have the sense of humanity in my heart" after that she walked inside the hostel without looking back at him.

Nandini stepped inside the room and Sanchita looked up. She shook her head and focused on her study.

Nandini sat on bed and opened her book but at the same time her phone lit up. She side glanced it to see there was a new message. Growing she opened it only to see one work thanks' written on the screen with his number. She closed her phone and started to read her book.

Next day was Weekend so the class ended with half day. When she woke up Sanchita was no where to be seen. Looks like that girl left early. Nandini walk towards the corridor to walk out of the campus but suddenly someone called her. She turned to see a man standing there.

"Yes?"

"Are you Nandini?"

"Yes"

He smiled "hi, I am a friend of Manik. Actually I didn't mean any harm please don't worry. What I wanted to say is yesterday he left notebook in the class. I wanted to give him today but I couldn't find him nor I can find his other friends. I saw you have interection with him. So can you please give his book to him?"

Nandini frowned "we are not close enough. Why don't you return it to him by yourself?"

"I know it sounds bit weird but I am leaving this afternoon with my family for some work. And this notebook has class notes and he will need it for exam. It's important. If it was not for it, I would have given it to him myself" he checked his watch "I have to leave now. Sorry to disturbe you" before she could react he already shoved the notebook to get and left immediately.

"Hey wait" Nandini called but the person left without looking back.

Nandini suddenly felt frustrated. She glanced at the notebook and sighed before walking again. Just as she about to walk out of the gate she saw Manik was standing near the library building looking at his phone.  Nandini frowned. That person was strange. He couldn't find him yet he was here? She walked towards him.

Manik who was engrossed in his phone turned his head only to look at her. He frowned suddenly looking at her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I have something to give you"

"What? What's there to give more?"

"That your-"

"Look I know I accepted your help yesterday. And yes for that I already said thanks to you. But please remember that it was just a bit of emotional situation and there's nothing personal in it" he said cutting her words.

Nandini shook her head "I didn't mean anything like that. It's that in the corridor one of your friend -"

"You even started to hang around with my friends? What do you think you are doing? You think hanging with them will give you chance to come close to me? I told you I don't have any kind of feeling like that for you. It will be better if you just give up- "

"Look you are taking this situation to another way. I am here just to give you-"

"I know why you are here. Just because of yesterday of you think I will beg you again then you are mistaken. Why are you always after me? Are you that desperate to have a man in your life? If you just want a man then-" before he could finish something slapped his face with thud.

The pain flew all over his face. The force was quite strong. Rubbing his face he looked down only to see his notebook lying on ground. He looked up again she was staring at him with a glare.

"You sure assume things too fast. But I suggest you to think before you talk. I was not chasing you. I was here to give your notebook you left. Your kind friend shoved it to me before I could refuse. Besides I am not chasing you anymore because I know it's futile. You don't have such heart to understand my feeling though. Anyways, I have returned your book. Good bye" she gritted her teeth and left glaring at him.

Manik stood there with his notebook while he stared at her back dumbfounded.