Part 15. Rem Reem Rim.

Start from the beginning

More hounds appeared... Red eyes that rose from the darkness revealing dog like creatures with horns... Massive as a human adult.. Or even larger.

"M-Maybe I can... I will cover your back, Rem..." Said Subaru.. His hands trembled and his eyes watered... he didn't want to die... But he couldn't let someone die protecting him.

Rem could smell Subaru's fear...

"Subaru-kun." Said Rem...

"Rem-Rin?"

"Find the kids." Said Rem...

"We-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Subaru was Yeeted by Rem towards the direction of the kids...

He could only see as Rem killed the beasts with a vicious prediction and skill... strength that turned their flesh and blood into mist...

"how scary-EEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Subaru realized he was about to land on another dogo...

The dog yelped loudly, as Subaru landed on it...

*GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

The dog began growling...

Subaru reached towards the sword-... he dropped it...

Subaru grabbed the scabbard of the sword and bonked the massive dogo...

It was futile...

but subaru had an idea... a cursed one... He looked towards the rear of the dog.

"One Thousand Years of death!" Said Subaru... As he used the technique so forbidden, that it cannot be written.

The dog whimpered loudly as this technique rendered the dog unable to battle...

And Subaru left the scabbard that was on the dog....

But he could hear the children nearby...

He ran towards the sound to and saw a sight that would be seen...

Five Children... And Petra. 

All laying on the ground, breathing heavily and sweating...

Seemingly feverish..

Subaru looked at his hand... he could use another command seal to summon Saber...

"SA-... huh..." Sabaru saw dozens of red eyes as they emerged from the darkness...

Would summoning saber only kill her?...

"REM!" Yelled Subaru... Rem wasn't in sight...

He began to drag the kids behind him... He had no sword or scabbard to use... 

Only his mere arms that he was using to shield the children...

The beasts began to approach Subaru.. Slowly lurking him as they were cautious...

Yet they all ran towards Subaru at once.

Subaru made sure he was shielding the children...

Was he going to die?...

Why didn't he simply call saber... he didn't want saber to get hurt because of him.. not again...

At least he knows that maybe they need a bit more firepower... maybe bringing Ram next time...

But as a hound was about to rip off the skin of his face...

*CLANK! FRUSH! BAM!*

The hound was sent flying by a spiked ball and chain... Rem had hints of blood on herself, yet it was the blood of the beasts...