Chapter 29

Henrik's POV

A few days later, I decide to take my mates outside of the pack border.

We will try to find some deers, and hopefully it will be enough for our wolf side.

All there for us are staring to feel the need to shift, which for most wolves happens when they don't shift for a long time, so we decided that today we will go for a run.

Papa wasn't very happy that we will be going outside of the pack border, and neither was dad, but we managed to convince them that it's a good idea.

When we reach the border I quickly look at Easton who's standing next to me, while weston stands on the other side of me.

I know that the doctor told us that he's fine, but I still feel like he's not alright yet, although we promised that we won't mention that again if the doctor will tell us that there's nothing to worry about, so I decide to keep my opinion to myself.

Weston's doing the same, and we silently agreed that we won't speak about it even to each other, but I know that he feels the same as I do.

We start to run straight, and we make sure to look out for the hunters, who definitely aren't a rarity here.

Thankfully most of them aren't as quiet as they hope that they are, and even if they are, they're looking for the werewolves that cross the border alone.

Because they know that there's not much possibility that one of them could handle more than two werewolves, before they would be killed.

Thankfully the hunters that come here now are leaving the bodies of the werewolves that they killed.

Which is good, because some of the hunters take the werewolves with them and they use then for experiments.

This happened to one of my uncles a while ago, but he was lucky enough to meet him mate, who was one of the hunters, and they managed to run away from the rest of the hunters.

Then they told Carter where the hunters are hiding, and Carter, who was an Alpha then, went there with a few other people, and they killed all of the hunters from that group.

"Are you even listening?" Easton says through the mind link, which makes me look at him with a startled look which answers for me.

"What did you say?" I ask him, and he groans.

"I said that I can smell a deer, but it's running away, so I'm not sure if we should chase it or not." He tells me.

"Let's go then." I say, and they run with me toward the deer, which is just barely close enough for us to be able to smell it.

When we reach it, we kill it quickly, and we decide that we should stay here to eat it, because we don't want to waste the food.

When we're done eating, we go back to the pack lands, and we try to clean ourselves with the leaves, because I don't really want to make the house a dirty with blood.