Chapter 8

Henrik's POV

It's a bit warmer outside, so I decided that I will go outside for a while, and papa wasn't very happy with that, but he allowed me to do that anyway.

After all, the humans who live in our pack are outside too, and they don't have to stay inside, so there's no reason for me to stay inside all day.

It's a bit cold, but the warm jacket makes me feel warmer, I just wish that I could have shoes which are a bit warmer than the ones which I'm wearing right now.

I quickly go towards the pack house, but I stop walking when I can smell something that catches my attention.

I go in the direction of this smell, and I quickly realise that I'm walking towards my mate.

When I imagined what this moment would look like, I though that I will run in the direction of my mate, with a bright smiles on my face.

But that's not how I feel right now, because I stop walking, and I can't force my legs to move.

I quickly start to I overthink everything, and I can't stop myself from doing that.

After all my mate can be a girl, which I'm sure that I won't be happy about, because I'm definitely gay, and I can't imagine being with a girl.

And I can already smell that my mate isn't from this pack, so I'm also worried that if it's a man, then he won't accept me as his mate, because I'm a man too.

That's because not all of the packs are as nice to the gay people as this pack, which has been led but gay Alphas every since my grandfather became an Alpha, which was a very long time ago.

Before I can start to run back towards my house, as I wanted to, I realise that my mate is very close now, and when I look around, I see that he's looking at me curiously.

Thankfully it's a man, and he doesn't look disgusted, so I guess that it won't be that bad after all.

It makes me smile a bit, and that makes him relax slightly, so I guess that he was worried about my reaction too.

He slowly walks towards to me, and I wait on him patiently, because my feet still refuse to move, even though I'm not stressed anymore.

"Hey." He greets me, and I'm very surprised when I hear his voice, because that not the voice that I expected to hear from someone like him.

He doesn't have a lot of muscles, but he's very tall, about half a foot taller than me and I'm pretty tall for a normal ranked werewolf.

So, I expected him to have a gentle voice, although his voice is very manly, but I don't really mind it.

"Hi." I greet him back, and he smiles again.

We look at each other for a long moment, not knowing what to say to each other, before I decide to take him back to my house, and I hope that my family won't be back for a while.