Chapter 23

Henrik's POV

I hear that someone's running on the path which is in front of me, so I quickly stand up from the ground, where I was sitting for the last few minutes, and I decide to check what's going on.

Weston, Denver, Carter and Mason follow me too, and we quickly go towards the path.

I look at the person who's running away from two other guys, and I quickly notice that it's Easton, which makes my eyes widen slightly.

He keeps running, not realising that we're where, and when he reaches us, I quickly grab his shirt, and I make him stop running, before I push him to stand behind me.

His shirt is a bit torn from my grab, but I don't really care about that.

The other two guys stop when they realise what's going on, and I can see that they want to run away, but they know better than to run away from the Alpha.

Even if they did, I'm sure that Denver would have been able to catch them in a few seconds, considering that Easton managed to run quicker than them, and Denver's a lot quicker than him.

"What's going on?" Denver asks Easton, while the two guys slowly make their way toward us.

"They wanted me to hang out with them, and then they made me hide my scent, so we could beat up someone, but I didn't agree to do that, so I decide to run." Easton explains.

"That's not true." One of the guys says, and he tries to say something else, but he sees how angry Denver is, and he decided that it's not a very good idea to lie to an Alpha.

"Did they end up beating someone?" Denver asks Easton.

"I'm not sure, there were a few more of them, and some of them ran after that person." Easton says with a shrug.

Denver looks at Carter and Mason, and they quickly realise what he wants from them, so they run in the direction that Easton came from.

It will be hard to find the other guys, but I'm sure that if they managed to hurt that person, then the smell of their blood will lead them, and if not, then I'm sure that it's not very serious.

Denver makes all of us go to the pack house, and then he forces the two guys to tell him the names of the others, along with the name of the person that they wanted to beat up.

A while later, Carter and Mason come here with two guys, and a small teenage boy who looks scared of us.

So Carter quickly tells Denver what the boy told him on their way here, and Denver allows him to go.

It turned out the some of the guys run away, but the guards are already looking for them, so I'm sure that they will be here soon.

Denver tells us that Easton, Weston and I can go, so I take my mates back to the house, and we decide to watch a movie, while we cuddle to each other on the couch.