Chapter 1

Henrik's POV

I have to babysit my uncle's kids again, and that's because I managed to make my father angry at me for the hundredth time this week, which made him ground me.

And as a punishment for that, I will have to babysit those monsters for as long as papa will want me to do it.

Well, maybe they're not monsters, that's a bit harsh, especially because I know a lot kids and most of them are worse than Elijah, Roman and Damon.

But that doesn't change the fact that they're not easy to babysitting.

"Alright. Can we go inside now?" I ask them again, hoping that they will agree, because it's very cold outside and I really don't want to stay here any longer.

I could have just carried them inside a long ago, but I decided that it's not worth it, after all I would have to listen to their whines for a very long time if I did that.

They look at each other, and then they groan, but they nod in agreement anyway.

I think that they want to stay, but they must see that I'm literally shivering right now, and that's not normally for a werewolf, so they're most likely a bit worried.

I'm one of the unlucky werewolf who can't heat themselves, and that isn't very good, because this means that everyone can regulate their temperature to match the weather, and I have to be cold when it's cold.

That wouldn't be a very big problem if not the fact that we don't really have heaters in the houses, because they're not necessary.

So I often have to stay in my room for most of the day in the winter, because that's the only room which has a heater.

The summers aren't very easy either,  because if it's very hot then I don't feel very well, which makes me stay in my room too, mostly with a fan right next to me.

But I like it too, because this means that I can skip half of the pack trainings, and this makes my life a lot easier.

After all, the Alpha, who's my uncle, can't force me to train when it's too cold or too warm outside, and I definitely don't mind it.

I lead the kids towards the living room, or more like they lead me there, but I don't really care.

And we decide to watch some TV, which hopefully will manage to make them nice to me.

To be honest, I'm not supposed to let them watch the TV, at least that's what papa told me, although I'm not sure if that's what Joshua, the kids' father, told him, or if he just wanted to make this day harder for me.

I don't really care though, if they want me to babysit the kids, then I'm going to do that my way.

And if they don't like it, the they can take care of them instead of bringing them here, and making me watch them.