Page 1: " Becoming a timekeeper "

[ Neo's Perspective ]

" Hello, my name is Neo, and i just graduated college, and I'm undergoing military service training as per the requirement of being a timekeeper, and now I'm saying a temporary goodbye to my girlfriend/best friend named Harmony and the goodbye isn't emotional as we'll still be in contact just not physically but rather by transmission."

[ July 25,2270, neo went to boot camp ]

" When i entered the military boot camp, i had already noticed a lot of activities, more specifically new recruits, and so i lined up with my assigned group as the drill sergeant arrived and the drill sargeant didn't waste any time and fucked our ears with his deafening shouts and commands."

" We responded swiftly so that he shut the hell up, and we went through basic training, which involves demonstrations from officers on how to operate the weapons, how to maintain them, how to assemble them and how to know if the weapon is activated or not, then we were assigned to do the same to what was demonstrated, it is certainly an exhausting day."

" In the following months, we proceeded to go through several other trainings like physical training through obstacles and teamwork forging and trust, and then we underwent to virtual reality combat simulation, which simulates real-like battle or environments in which we must navigate through our training and complete objectives to finish our assigned tasks."

"In those months of training, i developed trust in my comrades and teamwork. Of course, i also operated military vehicles like the "modified levicar" ( modified levitating car for battle ) and A.I. guided missle launcher vehicles. I learned all those through my 1 year of military training, i did learn quickly, so i was promoted to sergeant first class within a year, which is quick, even for the military standards, but since i am a quick learner and a talented asset, i got the position and rightfully so."

" I don't know if Harmony is doing well because i haven't contacted her for months now, so after calling her, she told me that she got a job and now she's a professional astronomist on a private science research institution, i was happy for her and she asked me about my condition. I hesitated to answer because it's been a hell of a year, and i still have 1 year left, so i was honest about my mental, physical, and psychological condition in which she advised me to stay strong because dreams don't come true if no work is done, i listened to her advice and said goodbye as i need to fulfill my duties as a first class sargeant."

" I was offered a higher position as i was nearing the end of my military training requirement, but i refused simply because my dream is not in the military, It's in the Timeline Organization. After 2 years, i grew a beard on my face, and my body looked great, and after a long time, i was home. Home felt odd because it's so big and so clean, maybe it's because i was used to sleeping in a tight space that is typically dirty and it's so quiet too, i didn't hear anyone screaming or shouting and the sound of weapons and vehicles i can't hear."

" It was really a change of environment for me. I wasn't used to living an easy life anymore, so i took a bit of my time to relax and get used to this new, calm environment. After Harmony heard of my discharge, she didn't waste any time and came home in our home that i bought when i graduated college. She saw me, and she was mesmerized because of how manly i looked to her. It's a nice compliment, and she welcomed me with open arms and a long kiss."

" The place where Harmony is employed is not far from the house that i bought, so she was the one that maintained and remodelled the entire house while i was away. There were maids maintaining the cute garden we have and maids maintaining the house, so at first, the maids didn't recognize me because of how different i looked, but after i showed them my .I.D they apologized and welcomed me, the true owner of the house."

" Harmony and I talked about everything that happened in the two years i was gone, and it was a lot! She revealed to me that many men tried hitting on her, but she refused each one and maintained her loyalty. To honour her loyalty, we spent the weekends going to dates because Harmon is busy on the weekdays with her job, and i understood very much."

" I can see how long she waited for me and how loyal she was, so i made sure that i repay her loyalty by doing my best to support her with her job. "