25- beginning of new life

___________

Vaidehi stood up from her couch as soon as she realized that Ekansh is home and she walked forward to welcome him but her smile fade away and steps halted seeing Kavya coming before Ekansh.

Just like Ekansh, even Vaidehi was upset and confused after Kavya's sudden disappearing. Kavya glance at Ekansh who came and spoke.

" Lijiye, Pakad liya inhe maine maa."

( I got her, Mom.)

Vaidehi chuckled at her son's words then look at Kavya who came closer to her while greeting her polietly.

" Where were you, beta. Ansh was finding you..."

Vaidehi spoke with glossy eyes. Kavya's heart clenched as she cannot even feel the pain of Ekansh after she left without saying a single word.

" Will you go again?"

Vaidehi asked and after some good silence, Kavya shook her head as No. Vaidehi smiled and both the women started to talk for a while until Vaidehi chose to make dinner and Ekansh took Kavya in his room.

Kavya stopped on her track as soon as she saw a child sleeping on Ekansh's bed.

" That's Krishna, Kanika's son."

Oh, Ekansh- Kavya know this already. She moved her eyes around the room and saw so many pictures of Vaidehi, Krishna and Ekansh together but not a single picture of Kanika- why? Moreover Is Ekansh not married to Kanika-

As soon as marriage thought crossed her mind, she widen her eyes and touched her lips where Ekansh kissed her earlier. Ekansh thinned his eyebrows staring at her shocked face.

" What happened?"

He asked and Kavya gulped before blinking her eyes.

" You.....kissed me."

Ekansh laughed slightly.

" So?"

Kavya thinned her eyebrows.

" So? You cannot. You have son."

Ekansh glance at Krish then again look at Kavya.

" He is Kanika's child, not mine. I mean yes I've adopted him after Kanika's death and he find his father in me, so you are right somehow- Krish is my son."

Every single word of Ekansh made Kavya shock yet confuse. How Kanika died? How Ekansh adopted Krish? What happened in these 3 years that she is unaware about. Was..... She quick to take decision without even talking to Ekansh once? She has question and Ekansh has all the answers.

" How....she died?"

She asked her first question and perhaps Ekansh is in the mood to give all her answers through this question only. Ekansh sat down beside his son on bed and smiled while staring at him.

" Kanika's boyfriend betrayed for some money which her father offered him. She was so devasted and somehow her parents got to know about her pregnancy. They forced her to abort the child but she could not. She wanted to keep the child and her parents were after her child so she came to me for help. She thought that her child will change her life but nothing like that happened. She got more depressed even after the birth of her child. Sometimes she tried to harm Krish cause he used to make her remember her ex-boyfriend who is the father of child unfortunately. She started consuminh alcohol, cigar and etc. One day, she left my house with Krish and through her letter we get to know that she is giving Krish to some orphanage. Somehow, I saved him but could not save Kanika. Her parents came to take Krish but I didn't let them saying Krish is my son. After some months I get to know that Kanika is no more and since that day Kanika's parents are after Krishna but I am not giving my son to them."