Sherlock Holmes

While Sherlock was attending university he met a girl named (Y/n).
She was practicing violin outside and he happened to walk by.
He begin teaching her after class and got to know her.
Having an age gap of some odd number of years didn't bother either of them.
The two become close, bonding over the violin.
Although (Y/n) leaves the country to study abroad.
Sherlock was proud to know she pursued a career in playing professionally.

Sadly they stopped speaking when she moved to the states.
Then life got in the way.
His detective work takes up all his time, especially when The Lord Of Crime shows up.
Although life has a way of bringing people together.
After the fall Sherlock and William end up in NYC.
Keeping a low profile but still going out on jobs gave (Y/n) the shock of her life.

While walking through town (Y/n) sees Sherlock with a blonde man and a child.
The woman walks over and smiles. "Well if it isn't my maestro."
The three turn and look at the (h/c).
"It's been a long time Lock. What are you doing in America?"
"(N/n)?" Sherlock mumbles, looking her up and down.
She smiles and nods. "Yes it's me. I'm sure I've changed a bit since the last time we saw each other."
"A bit? You've grown at least a foot. I can see the years of playing have calloused your hands."

"You were supposed to say: whoa (n/n) you've grown up so much. You're so beautiful now."
"And lie to you?"
"Sherly!" The blonde scolds and tugs on the detective's sleeve.
"What? Liam, it's true."
"I am so sorry about him. My name is-"
"William James Moriarty." Sherlock cuts off his friend, turning from the blonde to his old friend.
"Oh my! The Lor-"
"Indeed." Sherlock now cuts the woman off.
William frowns and looks down.

(Y/n) puts her hand on William's arm and lifts his chin.
They look into each other's eyes.
"You don't seem like a monster." She responds then looks between Sherlock and William.
William's eyes widen slightly.
"Are you going to explain Sherlock?"
The said man sighs and looks at the boy. "I guess I should."
(Y/n) looks at Billy and smiles, waving slightly.
"This is (full name). We met when I was in university. I taught her how to play the violin."

"Oh I've heard about you. You're famous aren't you?" Billy inquires, earning a nod from the woman.
"I am. While my maestro only plays on occasion I made a career out of it. Therefore he cannot claim he's taught me everything I know."
Sherlock rolls his eyes but puts his hand on her back.
"I'd like to consider myself his friend." (Y/n) comments and looks between William and Billy.
"It's a pleasure to meet you. I should consider myself lucky to hear you play in person." William bows his head slightly and smiles softly.
"It would be my honor. Sadly I don't have my violin with me. If you aren't too busy I could escort you to my home and play you as many pieces as you want. Or...if you are busy I could give you my address and you may visit when you're free."

Sherlock looks at the child. "You think we could spare a couple hours?"
Billy sighs and crosses his arms. "I suppose so. The client said it didn't have to be done right away."
William looks between his two companions. "I should love to go now."
"It's settled then. Lead the way (n/n)." Sherlock takes a step back and bows slightly.
"You've changed somehow Lock. What have I missed in the years we've been apart?"
Sherlock looks at William, causing Billy to roll his eyes.

When the four arrive at her home (Y/n) takes out her instrument and makes sure it's tuned.
While the three drink tea and get comfortable (Y/n) begins playing.
William could immediately tell she was taught by Sherlock.
To Billy is was just normal playing but to Sherlock and William it was more.
By the end of the third piece William has tears streaming down his cheeks.
He wished his eye patch could hide his emotion.
By the fifth piece Sherlock is clenching his fists and holding back his own tears.

(Y/n) looks at her audience and frowns. "Please don't cry. I'm sorry."
"Your playing is mesmerizing. It's so effortless and clearly tells a beautifully tragic tale." William comments and wipes his cheek gently.
Billy looks between Sherlock and William. "It sounded like normal playing to me."
"Obviously because you're a novice." Sherlock responds and clears his throat. He stands and straightens his jacket.
(Y/n) curtsies and looks at William but immediately frowns. "My lord?"
"I should love to visit more. I am unable to work right now and would enjoy the company. If you have time that is." The blonde looks into the woman's eyes.

(Y/n) looks between the three men but land on William again and her smile returns. "I would love for you to come back anytime you wish. You could tell me stories of London and about you and Lock."
"Why do you call him Lock?" Billy finally asks.
"Because he likes to pick locks. Not to mention Mycroft calls him Sherly and he hates that."
"Do you hate when I call you Sherly?" William quickly inquires.
"No!" Sherlock responds, a bit too quickly.
William blushes and Sherlock isn't far behind.
(Y/n) smiles and holds her teacher's hand. "I'm grateful fate brought you back to me. I've missed you."

Sherlock looks at their hands and smiles slightly. "I've missed you too. You haven't gotten into any trouble have you?"
"None, unlike you of course." She responds then giggles softly.
Sherlock's smile widens and he ruffles her hair.
William smiles softly and takes a step forward.
"Sorry to interrupt this touching moment, but we gotta go." Billy mumbles and stands up.
"Of course. I'm glad you were able to visit for a little while. William you are always welcome here." (Y/n) kisses his cheek then walks them to the door.
While William and Billy walk out of the house Sherlock stops in the doorway.
His mouth opens but closes.
"You know where to find me Lock. I'll wait patiently for you to come back."
Sherlock cups one cheek and kisses the other. "Until then."