Sherlock Holmes p4

Mrs. Hudson looks at (Y/n) shocked. "Live here? Are you sure you'd wanna do that? You have a beautiful home already. And with my current tenant I-"
"My estate is very lonely now that it will be just me. I have no reason to keep it now. It will save me money. Also I enjoy your current tenant. At least I presume you are referring to Sherlock Holmes."
The landlady smiles softly and nods, taking a sip of her tea. "Are you positive we are speaking of the same man? You seem friendly with the brute."
"We are on pleasant terms. He insisted should I ever need anything to call upon him. If we live together I needn't travel far for his company."

Mrs. Hudson looks at the woman in complete bewilderment. "I can't remember the last time Holmes was talked about so generously. At least not having requested his brilliant mind for a case first."
"I'm sure living with him there is never a dull moment."
"To be frank he is terrible at paying rent. Maybe if you're here you could get on his case. It would save my nerves plenty."
"I would love to but I fear if I did he would be angry with me. And I should like to get in his good graces first. Oh, perhaps get him a flatmate."

"What about a flatmate?" Sherlock grumbles, walking into the parlor, rubbing the back of his head.
"I think that's a perfect idea. Sherlock find yourself someone suitable to share the rent with. If you don't I'll be forced to kick you out." Mrs. Hudson informs and points to her tenant.
The said man is shocked then looks at the (h/c). "Oh (n/n)! What are you doing here?" Sherlock smiles, walking past his landlady.
"Good evening Mr. Holmes."
"Sherlock~" The other woman whines and pounds on his back.

"What do you want woman? I promise I'll find someone to split the rent with tomorrow morning."
Mrs. Hudson opens her mouth then closes it and sighs. "Well then, I guess I have good news."
"You'll let me stay here for free?" Sherlock asks, smile bigger than before.
"Heaven no!" Mrs. Hudson responds angrily, hands on her hips. "(Y/n) will be living here as well."
The detective opens his mouth but the woman cuts him off.
"And no she will not be splitting the rent with you. You must find someone else."
(Y/n) laughs quietly behind her fingers.

Sherlock sighs and looks away but quickly looks back. "Wait, you'll be living here?"
"Yes. I find it to be the best solution. Not to mention my company is only a short walk away. This building is awfully convenient."
Sherlock's frown turns back into a smile.
Even his cheeks began to hurt from the constant switch.
"That's wonderful news. I should love to get your input once in a while."
Mrs. Hudson watches the two converse back and forth in udder disbelief. She couldn't believe Sherlock was so...enthusiastic? to speak to someone who wasn't a client.

Once they finish with tea (Y/n) stands and thanks Mrs. Hudson for allowing her to be a tenant.
Sherlock walks her outside and hails her a cab.
(Y/n) smiles and gets into the carriage.
Once she gets home the lights are all off so she does her best not to make any noise and wake the servants up.
Because Miri decided to move in with James early the servants decided to stay until (Y/n) found a different place to live, so she wouldn't be so lonely.
Once (Y/n) gets in she goes to the parlor and sends a telegram to the Moriarty estate.
"I will be living at 221B Baker street. I move in tomorrow."
She goes to her room and changes into a nightgown.
After getting into bed it took only a few minutes to fall asleep.

"Miri already spoke to one of James' friends and he said he would buy the estate from me, and for a hefty price too. I was shocked. With the business doing so well I can only imagine the fortune I'll have soon enough."
"Do you have plans for that fortune or will you just keep expanding it?" Sherlock inquires as they carry some boxes into the flat.
"Now that the money is mine I plan to give loads to charity. They need it more than I."
"Charity?"
"Yes. Mostly orphanages, maybe open my own. So many children are on the streets that it breaks my heart."
Sherlock nods and sets his box down. "I understand."

(Y/n) frowns and looks at his box. "Sherly...you don't have to help me. I'm capable of doing this myself."
"Nah, I'm bored."
"Didn't you promise Mrs. Hudson you would go find a flatmate?"
"I gave her the excuse that I was helping you move so she let it pass."
The woman laughs softly. "I can understand why her nerves are set ablaze frequently. I can only imagine what she's been through."
"I am a perfectly-"
"I do hope that sentence doesn't end with "good tenant" Sherlock."

Sherlock closes his mouth and sighs. "You're right. Anyways enough about me I wanna hear about you."
"What about me?"
"So much has happened in a short amount of time. You're acting put together, I assumed for Miri's sake. But tell me, are you actually ok?"
(Y/n) tenses and everything came flooding back.
"That's what I thought."
Without realizing it, tears were streaming down her cheeks.
The detective frowns and puts the box she's holding down on his.
"I'm sorry." She whispers, wiping her face.
"Don't do that. Hiding your feelings is going to make things worse."

"Your feelings are always evident on your face. But I don't want to be a burden, especially not to you. I want us to have a fun time. I want to be able to forget what's happened and focus on the future."
Sherlock smiles softly and wipes her tears with his sleeve cuff. "You don't have to be strong all the time. I would rather have you express every emotion as well."
(Y/n) looks into his eyes and manages a small smile. "Don't tell me you care about me already Sherly. I'm not even fully moved in yet."
Sherlock rolls his eyes and puts his hands on his hips. "Of course not. That would be illogical."
"Ah yes, illogical. Just like not wearing socks with your shoes."
Sherlock quickly looks between his feet and the woman with wide eyes.