Look at Me

“Wait, Chandler!”

Chandler paused and looked back.

Loki finally caught him. He takes a deep breath to catch his breath.

“You walk so fast.”

Loki smiles.

“Excuse me?” Chandler frowns.

“James and the others want us to have a drink tonight. If you are available, you can join us.”

Chandler raises a brow.

Why is he excluded until Loki invites him?

“Sorry. I already have a prior engagement. Maybe next time.”

“Come on, it won’t be that long.” Loki cutely begs.

Chandler finds it too much.

He already said he has things to do. Usually people will just leave you alone and invite you next time especially if you aren’t that close.

“Sorry. It was an important meeting.”

Chandler slightly smiles.

“Was it the guy this afternoon?” Loki asks, pouting. His tone is innocent and he asks very casually but that is also a problem to Chandler.

“Let’s drink next time.” He smiles and leaves.

“Wait!”

But Chandler didn’t stop.

“That’s too rude. Is he implying something?” Jamie said, Chandler’s assistant.

“Make sure you avoid him. I don’t know why he is suddenly interested in me or Adelio. But he will surely find a way to ask around. Since you are my assistant, you will be the first to be targeted.”

“Don’t worry. When Boss hired me, he made sure to insist on only two things. I keep your matter confidential and I will support you loyally!”

Chandler smiles.

“Okay. I’ll trust you.”

“You can count on me.”

.

.

.

“You look lovely tonight.” Adelio said mechanically like a frozen robot.

Chandler smiles.

“I’m glad you like my suit.”

“Hm…” Adelio stares at him and looks away shyly.

After the waitress gets their order, they are alone in the classy private room watching the night lights in the big city.

Adelio looks somehow lonely.

He starts drifting.

“Is there something wrong?” Chandler asks.

Adelio takes the wine glass and puts it down.

“I fight with Cloud tonight. And it was my fault.”

“Hm…” Chandler listens carefully.

Not being interrupted, Adelio was forced to continue.

“That…I was kinda hurt with his wording of things but I know it wasn’t intentional. He just really thinks it was that way which is obviously how people normally think but I don’t think that way so I’m hurt.” He said so vaguely that it was impossible for an uninvolved person to understand.

Chandler smiles.

“So you two had a misunderstanding. It was normal since you two only met a few days ago. But misunderstanding is alright, you’ll know people better. You will find how much you can tolerate things for that person who views things differently from you. You’ll know yourself more.”