First Fight

Cloud gives one last look before he follows Adelio and Damon outside.

"What are your plans?" Cloud asks.

"I already talked to the director. I didn't ask him to give Chandler preferable treatment but I warned him not to make things too difficult for him."

"And what do you consider as preferable treatment?" Cloud asks.

"That he won't obviously be chummy with him or make him the main lead."

Cloud kicks him.

"What?"

"That's not remotely possible! And you are just one of the major investors. You can't call all the shots. Changing the main character is not as simple as you think. There are written contracts for this reason so the director can't just do what he wants or threaten to drop the cast willy nilly."

"Ohh.I that's good then."

"Isn't warning someone to be extra careful about someone already a form of being preferable?"

"I guess."

Adelio chuckles.

"Oh right. I guess I did contradict myself right there. But I don't regret it."

"You are just a fool."

Cloud rolls his eyes.

They went back to the office.

Adelio is working while Cloud supervises him.

Though Adelio likes to give himself 20 minutes break every hour, Cloud doesn't force him either, just call him a bum.

Damon called and tell Adelio that Warren was here.

"Oh? He just came a few days ago. What could be the problem?"

Adelio puts the receiver down.

"Who is it?"

"Chandler's dad."

"Why is he coming here?" Cloud asks.

"I invested in his company."

"That's a bad move. I investigated his company before too. It'll fail no matter what he does because all he did was add new policy and trying to copy other successful stuff on the market but that just makes him look like a second rate copy cat."

"I told Chandler I helped his father." Adelio became sad. "Should I cut the budget?"

"Hmm. Let me think of something." Loki said.

He sat on the guest sofa while Warren discussed with Adelio.

For Adelio who has no idea about business, Warren's explanation was flawless and he makes a lot of sense. When he asks for an increased investment though, Adelio makes it seem like he is thinking about it and will give him a call in later days.

"So?" Adelio asks Cloud who is sipping his hot coffee.

"He is trying to fool you. He needed more money to implement what he is trying to sell you. But the problem is he is stalling. He will get a few cash now and when the plan obviously didn't work, he will ask for more money. He is trying to squeeze a lot of money from you. Maybe he thinks it through, you are very generous with Chandler. And you will tolerate him, squeezing money from you is a good thing."

"Urgh...I hate this. I don't want to be used." Adelio mulled on his desk. "He realized I'm stupid huh."

Cloud sighs and puts his coffee down.

"Don't diss yourself. Most children from wealthy backgrounds when handing over the family business sound successful but easily cheated. It wasn't that you are stupid, you are just ignorant."

"That doesn't make me happy." Adelio pouts.

"What makes you special is that you know you are ignorant and you are willing to learn. Just that you are lazy."

"Still not making me happy."

"I'm not saying this to make you happy."

"Meanie.." Adelio smiles.

'What makes you even more special is the fact that you can make things seem so easy and the willingness to put yourself down to make someone look like a better person.'

"You can not continue feeding a leech. You have to cut him off. Your relationship with Chandler is for you to help him, you already achieve that. His father didn't cherish it, instead he tried to milk you.Milk his own son. Are you not mad at him? After all you have done, he still thinks of using you?"

"Milk his son?"

Cloud frowns.

"That's all your concern?"

"What do you mean milk his son?"

Adelio asks seriously.

"Very well." Cloud also become serious.

"He is using his son as a way to earn money. Isn't that milking his son?"

"But I am the one who suggested to help him and his father."

"That doesn't change the fact that he is benefitting from his son's sugar daddy. Most people will be ashamed about this. Most parents will be very repulsive."

"They are in a dire situation and his daughter needs money constantly."

"Didn't you also ask to pay for her medical fee?"

"He refused it."

"That's just pride. If the medical fee doesn't come from him and people find out, what would happen to his reputation? Warren Alvaro is not afraid to do bad things, he is afraid of those bad things to haunt him. Using his son, how can't he not use him now? Maybe he has already given up his company. He needs new capital to start a new one but he doesn't know where to get it. Timely, you and Chandler happen."

"I can see it now. But that doesn't mean he is milking his son. He is just using me."

"How can you be so trusting?" Cloud angrily asks.

"I don't trust him. I just feel that it's a bit sad for Chandler."

"Then ask Chandler what he thinks of his father. Tell him you will stop helping him due to lack of innovation and his plan is sure to fail. See how he reacts."

"Why?"

"Since you don't trust me. You'll trust him more. As his son, he would know his own father better."

"That's mean."

"What about that makes me mean?"

"I do trust you."

Cloud gapes at Adelio but Adelio refuses to look at him because he is mad.

Until the time to leave for a date the two didn't talk.

"I'll go now. Go home safely." Adelio said before he leaf the room

"This youngster!" Irritated, Cloud angrily grumbles.

A/N:

Lover's quarrel is nothing to father and son's quarrel like this ha hah ah ha.

Adelio - Respectful silent treatment when mad.

Hahhahah