Damon's Mistake

"Good Morning,Boss." Damon said.

Adelio looks at him.

"I need to talk to you."

"Okay."

Damon was confused.

He doesn't remember doing anything wrong.

But Adelio looks so serious.

Adelio sat on his chair and put his small bag with a new water tumbler and his packed lunch.

Adelio seriously looks at Damon.

"What is wrong, boss?" Damon asks.

"Yesterday....Um...Well, what do you think of me and Mr. Alvaro?"

"Well....it was the first time you wanted to have an intimate relationship with an artist so I'm a little surprised but it wasn't that uncommon."

Adelio's eyes widened.

"Intimate...relationship?"

"You did say you wanted to keep him. And you even propose to buy him things and support his career."

"Oh..I..I know that. Like you said this is my first time so I am not used to it yet. Yeah...Um. You called the hospital? How about his dad?"

"I already called. We just need to talk to his father and we can transfer his sister to a better hospital. Since it wasn't proper to ask without the family consent, I didn't dig deeper. If she needs a specialist then we can just find the best treatment. I already called and his father was going to arrive here at 3pm." Damon explained but he paused and stared at Adelio.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Go on."

"Why are you doing so much for him? I understand that keeping someone means you will take care of them in exchange for what you two have. But you don't really have to care for him as a person, right?"

"Why not?"

"I just fail to see how being with someone is worth so much trouble. I'm sorry for prying. I'll go back to my desk."

Adelio nods.

But he was thinking about it.

Truth be told, he was just helping cause he sympathized with Chandler.

The keeping stuff was his own misunderstanding.

What would he lose?

The money he has now just luckily fell in his hands.

So it was easier for him to be generous.

But in other people's eyes. It might really be something foolish.

"Damon, thank you."

He thinks Damon is trying to help him. Warning him. Giving advice indirectly.

"I don't understand why you are thanking me." Damon said.

"Nothing. I'm just thanking you as a friend. Go back. I know you have work to do."

Damon left the room but was confused.

'Are we friends? Since when are we friends?'

He sighs.

.

.

.

"How the hell did you hook up with Mr. Conrad? You were even reluctant to meet him yesterday and today you are leaving his house lovey dovey?" Nate gives him a coffee. His voice is very quiet so he won't be heard by other people that are also going for today's audition.