Chapter 2: Bus Ride

Start from the beginning

~Levy's POV~

Before we entered the bus, Mira stood at the front and made a last announcement. She didn't look very happy.

"So apparently, I'm not allowed to choose where and who you sit with because that would be 'too harsh' as master says, so you can sit whenever you want to," Mira said, pouting.

The bus was arranged so that four people could sit in a row, and there were four rows. I sat with Lucy, Wendy, and Carla. Behind us were Natsu, Gajeel, Happy, and PantherLily who were fighting for absolutely no reason.

Happy crossed his arms and glared at PantherLily. "I know you like Carla but it's never going to happen so move on!"

"Oi Iron Freak, tell your cat to back off," Natsu said to Gajeel.

"Hold on, when did I ever say that?" PantherLily asked, looking exasperated.

Gajeel stood in front of him, glaring at Natsu. "Are you scared that Carla actually sees Lily as stronger than Happy? Because she'd be right to think that."

"Stronger than Happy you say?" Natsu asked, his face becoming stern. "Can Lily eat ten plates of food in a row?"

Without waiting for an answer, Natsu put his hands on sides and laughed. "I didn't think so! But Happy can!"

"That's the stupidest way to determine strength that I've ever heard!" Gajeel yelled, his forehead hitting Natsu's.

"You will never get her Lily," Happy cried, puffing out his chest in a failed attempt to look bigger than him. "I have more fish to offer!"

PantherLily looked amongst the group frantically, trying to understand what was going on. "I don't want-"

But he was cut off by Natsu who said, "Food equals energy which equals strength. Therefore, food equals strength. Try to keep up."

I saw Lucy facepalm and I couldn't help but laugh. Gajeel glanced back at me and for a moment, his anger seemed to fade. But then he looked back at Natsu, and his irritated expression returned.

The fight was stopped as soon as Natsu saw Erza enter the bus at which point he glared at Gajeel one last time before sitting back down in his seat.

I breathed a sigh of relief; finally their annoying conversation was over.

Actually, Gajeel wasn't so bad. I don't know why but when he chose to sit behind me, I felt strangely pleased. He could have sat anywhere after all.

I'm pretty sure I saw Laxus sit next to Mira, and he blushed, but then Lisanna sat with them and his expression went back to normal. Was it only me or did Mira seem relieved by that?

As the others filled in the last row at the very front, the bus ride began. I remembered that Master told us that the ride was like three hours long.

Great.

~Lucy's POV~

Although I was happy to be sitting next to my best friends, this bus ride was getting very boring. I guess it wasn't only me who was thinking that because Mira suddenly jumped up and exclaimed, "Hey guys lets play a game!"

"Okay but what game?" I asked with curiosity and a slight worry.

"How about we play Secret Cr-"

"No made up games dealing with exposing secret crushes Mira!" I quickly added, much to her disappointment.

Mira pouted. "Aw you're no fun Lucy! Fine. Everyone has to tell one of their secrets. It could be from childhood, or now, but it has to be true."

"Fine with me." Natsu jumped out of his seat. "I'll go first. Before Happy was born, Lisanna and I built this secret fort to stay in and help Happy's egg hatch."

Lisanna frowned. "Natsu! That's a shared secret, not a personal one."

Natsu blinked and then a realization crossed his face. "Crap, sorry Lisanna!

Lisanna smirked. "Besides I'm the one who built it. Remember what happened to yours?"

Natsu's face fell and he almost looked embarrassed. "I could've built one if I actually tried!"

Lisanna laughed, waving her hand. "Of course you could have."

Natsu's expression softened. "But it was a lot of fun."

Lisanna smiled, a hint of blush on her cheeks. "It really was."

I noticed the continuous gaze that was held by the two of them and frowned. I never noticed that they were this close before.

"How is that a secret pyro?" Gray yelled.

Natsu's gaze with Lisanna broke as his eyes snapped over to Gray and he growled. "Shut up, it is a secret ice freak."

"No it is-"

I didn't hear the rest of their fight because my brain was being flooded by thoughts of what Natsu said. He and Lisanna built a secret fort together? I knew that it was when they were kids, but it led to a strong bond that was clear as day even now. Natsu's secret led to a new feeling bubbling inside of me, and I wasn't fond of it.

"Lucy. Lucy!"

I blinked, snapping out of my thoughts. "Huh?"

"It's your turn."

"Oh."

A secret? I didn't really have any. I guess I could tell a childhood one.

"When I was younger there was this boy who used to come and play with me when I was lonely. His name was Evyn, and he wasn't really a friend, but I grew pretty fond of him. But he moved one day, and I don't know where he is now."

What I didn't mention was that he was also my first crush. Though that doesn't really matter anymore.

All of the girls, except for Lisanna and Mira, exclaimed, "Oooooo!"

I blushed and turned away. The rest of the bus ride passed quickly and we finally arrived at the training camp.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Yep, that happened. I added another guy in Lucy's life. Gotta get Natsu jealous somehow.

Please leave feedback, so I know what to work on. Looking forward to writing the next chapter soon.

~Haazzel10