Perla Chp 9

Perla

Perla could almost cry in relief when she saw the city. It was small, sure, not at all like the area they were in before, but it had its charm. She watched the brick buildings pass by as they continued down the road. Perla gasped as she saw the house, it was a small cottage tucked behind some trees. It had two stories and an attic. Windows spread along the kitchen. It looked like the backyard opened up to some woods. She grinned pleased with the cottage. "Lyss it's beautiful." She looked over at them, surprised a little when she found their eyes already on hers.

    They said nothing as they led the way to the stairs that lead into the house. It was a spacious Cottage, the door opened into an empty what she could presume was a living room. They walked to the back of the house and Perla eyed the kitchen. It wrapped one of the walls in the room and an island separated it from the dining area in front of the giant windows.

A staircase led upstairs and a door was a little ways before it leading into the backyard, they made their way through the house deciding to explore it first, she headed up the stair with Lyss in tow and gasped when she realized there was only one bedroom. There was a little alcove next to the room that could fit a small book nook.

    Lyss looked down at Perla and smiled. "Don't worry, I can sleep on the couch." Their voice was a little deeper as they presented with their more masculine side, they leaned over her with their hair tied back and their jewelry leaving small jingles as they moved their head. Perla seemed hesitant as she allowed them to offer, part of her felt bad because they had been kicked out of their room at the last place, and now they were going to sleep on the couch.

    "Would... Would you like to sleep on the bed too?" She asked them hesitatingly, she was feeling nervous, not because she felt uncomfortable about sharing the bed. No, it was because it was Lyss she'd be sharing it with. Lyss' eyes widened slightly at her question before they smiled.

    "If it's really alright with you... I'll take you up on that offer." Her heart beat faster at this. They accepted her invitation! She tried her best not to smile as her body filled with glee.

__________________________________________________________________

    As the day concluded and they got all the stuff from the movers moved in, they were both tired and more than ready to crash. Perla headed up the stairs as Lyss locked the door.

    Her stomach was in a bundle of nerves as she ascended the stairs. Her senses felt heightened as she picked up on the light footsteps behind her. She also could hear their faint breathing. She tried not to think about it too much or her cheeks would get warm. She finally reached the archway for the bedroom and she smiled as Lyss followed in hesitantly, she pretended not to notice their hesitance and gathered some clothes to sleep in.

    "I'll change first." she said as she headed to the adjoined bathroom. Once she shut the door she let out a sigh of relief. Lyss didn't say anything but she could read those eyes of theirs. She quickly changed into a shirt and some shorts and looked in the mirror. She saw someone almost alien to herself, someone happy, content. She looked away not wanting to linger over her facial markings.  She quickly exited the bathroom and returned to the room, she saw Lyss sitting on the bed crouched over a journal. Perla briefly wondered what they wrote in it, but before she could ask, Lyss noticed her and quickly hid it. That was a sign to Perla that whatever was in there was very private to Lyss. She decided to say something else.

    "So this friend... When will we meet her?" Lyss had a worried look cross their face before their eyes diverted to the wall.

    "That's a little complicated." They confessed with a sigh. They ran a hand through their brown hair before they spoke again. "She's not here." Perla was shocked.