Lyss

Lyss woke with a start when they heard a knock on the door, they woke up quickly and paced over to it making sure to be quiet. Since last night they were on edge about Elizabeth showing up again, they looked through the peephole and sighed in relief as they saw the movers their assistant sent. Taking a breath, they opened the door and let the movers in, The movers pushed past them with little to no interaction and got to work right away. Lyss decided to wake up Perla before they did. They ascended the stairs, careful to mind their foot placement. As they approached the top, their gaze fell onto the sleeping elf. Her Silver hair sprawled around her, seeming to effortlessly create an almost halo around her head. Lyss leaned against the wall smiling a little as they watched her breath in and out seeming to be in a good dream.

Almost reluctantly they sauntered over to the bed and leaned down, They gazed at her face taking in every little detail they could, the way her dark eyelashes swept across her bronze cheeks, The way her plump lips parted ever so slightly when she took a breath in, the small freckles that danced around her nose. They were tempted to close the gap between them, what a way would that be to wake up? They shook their head slightly, hearing their earrings jingle as they did so.

"Perla. Perla get up!" They tried to softly usher her out of bed, Perla groaned in response, her voice almost sounded like a song. She didn't move much past that. Lyss sighed and laughed silently at her antics. "Perla! They'll take all the coffee~" They used a sing-song voice as they said this and watched her with a mischievous grin as she shot up from the bed.

"No!" She shouted before her eyes fluttered open, The deepest of blue eyes gazed at Perla with a fog in them. She smiled at them before she yawned and stretched. "Lyss? What's happening?"

Lyss chuckled. "We're moving, remember? They men arrived just now and are getting our stuff ready to go, you just need to get yourself ready and we'll start our journey. Normally we would fly.... But I think you'd like the drive." Perla seemed to perk up at the mention of driving and looked over at Lyss with approval in her eyes. She got out of bed with haste and flitted about the room, Lyss started to step away to give her room to change and get ready for the day. They headed down the stairs and told the movers not to go upstairs for about half an hour. After they went to the kitchen and started to assemble food with what little utensils and pans remained. The movers left some smaller cooking supplies.

They shuffled around the kitchen trying their best to make a good meal for the both of them so they'll be full before they hit the road. Shortly after they finished their meal Lyss led Perla out to a car, they loaded in and started their journey to Decorah, Iowa.

The scenery passed by for hours, winding roads, steep trails through the mountains that showed off the steep cliffs below. Lyss' nerves were on edge, they knew this wouldn't be a permanent fix for Elizabeth but it should buy some time for Perla to learn before she appeared again. They would glance over at Perla from time to time. She was looking out the window excitedly. The scenery stretched on as they flew down the highway, they were more than eager to get there, sometimes they missed having a driver but they didn't need anyone to do it for them.

"We should be there soon." They said to Perla who was still watching the world zoom by. They had been driving for a day and were approaching the last hour of the trip. It was tempting to pull over a couple of times, but Lyss didn't need much sleep to function, they usually didn't sleep. Perla only hummed in acknowledgement. The car continued down the winding road when they saw a sign. 'You're entering, Decorah Iowa, population 7,747 ' They sighed in silent relief as they knew they'd soon be at the new house. They continued on the winding roads before they met the limits of the town, Perla almost squealed as she watched the brick buildings pass by.