Chp.4 Perla

Perla's face burned as she heard Lyss. She was furiously writing in her journal and didn't realize they were approaching. "Oh! Nothing of importance. Just about the day." She gasped a little in surprise at Lyss' sudden appearance. Their hair was wet which meant they had just left the bath as she assumed they were doing when she got back to her room. "Did you have a nice bath?" She tried hard not to think of their body soaking in the tub. An unknown feeling left a shiver through her body. Her face lit up even more at her thoughts.

"It was really nice, your bathtub is huge by the way." Lyss smirked at Perla. They approached her with a playful step. "I see you got the food as well.'' she gestured to the empty tray happily.

"Yes it was really good, How did you get it here so fast?"

Perla smiled "I summoned it and gave it to a maid asking her to put it down for me later." Lyss' eyes shot open at her words.

"You summoned it?"

Perla nodded slightly confused by Lyss' surprise.
"It's nothing. I forgot that elves can do magic." They waved their arm in front of their face nonchalantly. Perla nodded to herself as she still felt a little confusion but it was dwindling.
"We can't do nearly as much as witches can but we can do some spells." Perla grinned proudly as she waved her arms and then muttered something under her breath. A bunch of light suddenly shot out from her delicate hands. The light scattered and traveled around the room only to settle in spots which helped light it up. "I've always been very attuned with my magic." She flicked her wrist proudly as the fireplace came roaring to life. Lyss nodded, watching the show quietly.

"What other spells do you know?" They plopped down on the lounge chair and rested their chin on their hand as they watched Perla. Her face burned as she realized she was bragging a little. She looked over to Lyss and looked away quickly. It felt like they could eat her whole with the way they were staring her down. Her silver hair filled her vision as she looked down to the floor.

"I know..." Before she could continue there was a hand that lifted her chin up softly.

"Don't look away. I like seeing your beautiful face." Lyss said before they went to sit back down.

Perla's face felt very warm all of a sudden. She cleared her throat a couple of times as she wasn't sure what she was going to say next. This was new. But she liked it. What did that mean? "I know..." She trailed off again as now she was confused by herself. She tried to shake it off. "I know summoning magic though I'm still learning that one. I know how to create fire, light, and water. I can make things float."
"Make things float?" They questioned with a tilt of their head.

'Cute.' what? No. not cute. Not at all. "Y-yeah, I have a weight limit for what I can float but if i need something like my hairbrush, I can just do this." She snapped her fingers and the hairbrush floated over to her. She snapped again and it went back to her vanity.

"You know quite a bit." Lyss muttered moreso to themselves than Perla.

Perla's stomach twisted in little knots. She didn't understand the feeling so she ignored it.

"Magic is a special interest of mine, I want to learn everything that I can about it. I know I can't perform a lot but it would still be fun to know!" She said eagerly as a sparkle entered her eye. She was extremely passionate about magic; it was the one thing she loved to learn since she was one hundred and twenty . She looked over at Lyss to find them smiling at her. It was a soft smile. One you used on people you cared deeply about. Their green eyes were gleaming as they watched her. The knots returned.

"What other interests do you have?" Lyss questioned with a lazy smirk. Perla tried her hardest not to blush but she was unsuccessful by the burning she could feel in her cheeks.

"The human world, Art, reading, Learning, and Teaching." She almost laughed at the face Lyss made when she said that.

"You like teaching?" They scrunched their nose in a cute way.

"Yes, It's fun to see the light go on in someone's head after they get something they didn't understand before."

Lyss nodded at her before they started to yawn. "I think it's time to turn in for the night princess." Lyss looked up at her with a sleepy smile on their face. Perla felt bad, She didn't think about how they might be feeling after shifting so much. She smiled back at them and nodded.

"I'll just get ready then. Are you sleeping on the couch?" She asked in an almost whisper hoping for them to say no.

"I will if you would like me to."

Perla looked away, not sure how to tell them she wanted them to sleep in her bed. "Uh. yeah, that might be best." She muttered as she turned around quickly to get ready to sleep. She tried not to show her burning face as she dispersed the light orbs around the room. Lyss smirked as they relaxed on the lounge chair.

Perla quickly got changed into her sleep gown, and slipped into bed. She had a hard time sleeping that night, but it did finally catch her in its grasp.