she's a shooting star-v.c

a/n: got a request on tumblr, which you can find in my profile, it's new and i had time today so i wrote this vada little story up, this was so cute!

for anyone who's wondering, i'm still writing lead pt.2 so i'll get that out soon!

-

A soft hum of music was playing gently in the speakers of Vada's car. It was dark, your eyes were closed and you snored peacefully as you rested on the passenger seat.

Vada snuck small glances at you as she drove across the road, a small smile forming on her lips as your breaths filled the symphony of the car.

-

Since Vada could remember, you loved the stars, the constellations that filled the night sky with the small sparkles fascinated you. You used to go with your mother who had taken you every month to your hometown.

Now things were different. You were older now and you weren't in your hometown, the stars didn't shine as brightly as they used to from where you're at.

Vada noticed your talks about stars, you seemed to have a soft spot for stars, or anything related to astronomy at all.

So she decided she would grant your wish when she overheard your whispers when a shooting star shone across the night sky one day.

-

The car began to come to a stop, the soft light of lanterns leading the pathway to the grassy field in the breezy dawn night.

The car stopped, Vada looked over to you, in a deep sleep as she nudged your shoulder, unbuckling her seatbelt to lean across the passenger seat, kissing your nose.

She cupped your ear, a soft whisper sounding in your ear. "Y/N, we're here my love. Open your eyes silly."

You shifted a little, your eyes fluttering open to see Vada, it was dark, but her warm eyes never failed to glisten.

She smiled at your small stir, "I want to show you my appreciation, to finally let you experience a hidden memory long ago, come on, let's see the stars."

You rubbed your eyes, exhaling a small yawn as she giggled, opening the car door for you as if you were a princess.

Well, you were, in her eyes.

A tired grin twitched on your lips, your small dimples showing. It made her feet wobble every time as you took her hand and walked out the car.

A comfortable silence was met between you and Vada, your hands intertwined as you walked down the road, the rocks and dirt crunching each step you took.

The trees blocked the sky until you could see more lanterns appearing as the chatters of people came into sense, the cold breeze blowing gently against your short-sleeve shirt.

"I can't believe you drove me two hours to go here," you whisper, placing a soft peck to her lips as she smiles back, showing gratitude.

"You know I would do anything, if it meant swimming across the Atlantic ocean to see you smile, and I know how much this means to you- oh.."

"wow.." you both whispered at the same time as the sky shifted into view, the trees behind you.

It was.. So pretty.

You couldn't come up with any words that could describe this view.

It was just as nostalgic and memorable as you could remember. A string of millions of stars dancing in the moonlight, it was something that night could never do alone.

The stars shone to light the night, the brightest light to admire dawn besides the campfire you sat at, your body snuggled against hers.

"You used to tell me how much you loved to go star watching at night when you were seven. You told me that it was the greatest view you might have ever landed eyes on. I think you were right," she whispered as the fire crackled and sparked, causing her eyes to brighten.