the story of us- v.c

authors note & warnings: jeyello! i've had like no time to post any stories or write any, school has started and i've gotten sm homework and things to work on. but i've had so many ideas, it's compacted in my notes. but here's an angst story! (my attempt to write angst for the first time on here)  enjoy!!

warnings: language? my bad attempt on writing angst, angst, angst with a second part ending, maybe angst, maybe fluff! heavily inspired by the story of us by taylor swift, if you couldn't tell by the title already. But i'm planning on trying to make an angst with a happy ending, the happy ending being a second part, or an angst ending, with no second part at all:). you can chooosee..

--

As you strode across the hallway, with a mocha in one hand, you felt your eyes subconsciously look around for a certain someone. 

Vada.

Your eyes soften from the sight of her. How her hair flows lightly through the wind, how her eye lashes finishes the beauty touching her pretty eyes, and how her baggy clothes just compliment her body completely. As your gaze meets hers, you look back at your locker, exhaling a breath you never knew you held in the first place as you hear the school bell ring. You always longed for her appearance, her laugh, her smile, but now you felt like your stomach twisted whenever your heart admired her. First period was starting.

-

As you connected your headphones, you walked to your biology class as you looked around for a seat. You would usually sit next to Vada, there was always an empty seat besides her because she would save it for you. But now you were looking everywhere BUT the empty seat. No seats were open besides the one next to her. You felt your smile fade away as you walked towards it, placing down your bag with a small thud.

You unpacked your backpack and took out some notebooks and pens, you couldn't sense her eyes on you like you usually would, so you sighed in relief as you stared back at your notes.

As you were listening to your music that hummed lightly in your ears, you started to feel Vada's eyes on you.

You gulped as the teacher talked, trying to look like you didn't notice as you fixed your clothes intently.

For the hour that passed by, you didn't speak to her and she didn't speak to you. You felt relieved as the bell rang for the next period. 

- flash back

"Y/N, this isn't working out."

You stared at her, wide-eyed, like if someone were to tell a child the most heart-breaking news ever. "What's not working out Vada? What did I do to make you lose feelings?"

She sighed, "Us, Y/N, we're not working out! You know that after this whole incident from the shooting, it's just been so hard for me. I can't risk being even more stressed in being in a relationship with you."

Anger started to bubble up in your blood, you felt it as your eyebrows furrowed. You laughed dryly, "It's hard for you, Vada? You can't picture us being in a relationship after what's happened but you can picture Mia being with you, right?!" 

Vada scoffed, crossing her arms defensively, "You think it's hard for you? Mia was in the stall with me Y/N! I could've died, I'm dealing with this my own way! I'm coping differently than you are!"

You feel your anger pop as you snap back, "You can't forget that I was in that stall with you, both of you! We could've died Vada! I didn't even think about myself, I thought about the thought of not being able to have you anymore, if you weren't in my arms. And it scared me, so much, it traumatized me if that would happen. But after everything, you've just grown distant with me! You're coping differently, but you make me feel better, and not being able to have you with me hasn't been helping."