lovers cookies-t.c

summary & warnings: no warnings! just some pure fluff to the point where you collapse your whole body on your pillow. just a cute story of you and tara baking together, sam occurs in the story as well <3. gracie abram enthusiasts, this might be for you. also please don't mind my writing skills, they kind of suck

-

You and Tara were at the store, holding hands, and buying some groceries for her sister. Sam needed to cook dinner for your friend group tomorrow night. It was Sam's duty to bring pasta, Tara's to bring drinks, and yours to bring the refreshing fruits. The day was boring, and you guys decided to help her out. It would cure your boredom a little at least.

"Tomatoes and cheese?"

"Check!"

"Basil?"

"Check!"

"Cranberry juice and a bottle of margarita?"

"Check!"

"Strawberries, watermelon, grapes, apples, and pineapple?"

"Check!"

"Rigatoni noodles?"

"Check!"

You smiled, holding a ground beef package in one hand and carefully setting it inside the grocery basket, "and ground beef, check!"

You and Tara sighed in relief as you walked around the store hand-in-hand. Quiet music playing in the background, people chattering, and gentle taps of rain on the floor just outside. Inside the store, there was a small bakery located in the corner. It wasn't too far away, but you could smell the warm aroma of fresh baked goods and coffee. You and Tara took a minute to take a whiff of the lingering sweetness in the air. Then an idea struck to you.

"Tar, we should bake cookies together!" Your eyes brightened at the idea, your heart jumping with excitement.

She turned to you, considering, but it quickly faded away, "The last time you toasted a slice of bread, you burnt it!"

You scoffed, rolling your eyes, "Oh come on! I forgot I set the toaster to be that high. And it wasn't that burnt! Please? It'll be fun and we have nothing to do!" You looked at her with innocent eyes, practically pleading.

Tara's shoulders drooped down, exhaling softly, "Okay okay Y/N fine! Only because we have nothing else to do, it's romantic, and because I hate seeing you look at me like that with those eyes!"

You grinned, jumping up in down in victory, cheering and what-not. You squeezed her hand as you both turned to walk to the baking department, skipping together. 

You both gathered everything you needed, butter, eggs, vanilla, flour, chocolate chips, and brown sugar. The rest of the ingredients you might have needed were at home. As you were about to make it out of the baking aisle, your eyes landed on two cooking hats, they looked like chef berets of some sort. You turned to Tara, her eyes lit up in excitement as you glared at her.

"Tara-"

"THOSE ARE SO CUTE! WE NEED TO GET THEM," Tara was desperate, her eyes sparkling.

You groaned as you grabbed the two baking hats off the shelf, you and Tara laughing as you tried them on. They fit perfectly. You both headed to the cashier, paying for your groceries and baking supplies as you headed out. It was raining, misty and foggy, it was comforting. You inhaled the coldness and exhaled, your warm breath fogging in the air. You held an umbrella while Tara carried the grocery bags and headed home, hands intertwined with each others, with your chef hats of course.

- home

Tara unlocked the door as you helped her unload the groceries on the counter Tara stared at the stairs and called out, "Sam! We're home and we got your random ass stuff."