the story of us pt.2-v.c

summary, a/n, warnings- brief panic-attack, crying. angst with happy ending (for those whom requested<3) sorry it took so long, school sucks rn, i have so much to do these past couple of weeks and barely have time to write. i have so many ideas, just need the time to eat cookies and write them down! hope you guys like this part 2, make sure to read pt.1 for those who haven't!

-

Vada needed to find a way to approach you in a way where it wouldn't scare you off. You were always aware of where she was, like a deer in headlights, and would walk away whenever she'd walk towards your direction. So after school, she caught you at a small park nearby, sitting alone and reading a book.

She felt a pounding sensation in her chest, a feeling she never experienced when she hung out with Mia or anyone else. Even after everything, she only felt it with you. But still, she thought, it didn't give you the right to yell at her for just trying to cope. 

Right?

So why did you throw your love away for each other like it never happened, wanting to end things?

She was mad, angry, upset. You didn't like her hanging out with someone? You thought that she was a cheater, how dare you?

-

But then she thought about it, she thought about what happened after the shootings. First, there was when she visited Mia at her house and spent time with her. She was only hanging out with her? Could friends not do that? Then she remembered you asking the day before if you could have a karaoke night with her, to which she made the excuse that she would hang out with Mia. 

Oh.

But that was only one time, she hung out with you a week later. She cared about you.

A week later. Not the day after but a week later. Why? Because she was having fun with Mia, laughing and getting high on weed. Oh, that did sound a bit bad of her to do that. But after she spent time with you, she went to your house and watched a movie with you and talked about your life. She felt relieved, she did spend time with you. 

Until that thought was crushed remembering that when you both were talking about life, you would bring up where you could take her during winter break, the matching stuffed animals you could have, and your favorite music that reminded you of her. Her. Just for her to talk about how her and Mia went out to an arcade and played video games, her favorite songs. Then, not even half way through the movie did she jump out of your arms and run out the door to go to Mia's because she was crying. Not leaving any time to say goodbye or "I love you" to you. It felt like all of the things she did to you just fell down on her like a brick to the head. 

She didn't spend time with you like she used to. Why? Because of Mia. Because of Vada. You didn't throw your love away..

Vada did, and you ended it because you couldn't hold on any longer.

She thought about you. Your cuddles, your warm eyes that always shone brightly than any other in the dim sunlight. She thought about how she felt like when she was with you, her heart fluttered at the feeling, it craved your presence. She missed you.

Why did she hurt someone who just tried to spend time with her? Why did she push you away? She opened every door and opportunity for Mia just to slam the door in your face like that.

She didn't feel the same when she was with Mia.

Vada felt the wind brush her bangs. She could remember her telling you that you didn't help her cope, Mia did. But the thing was, she never even tried giving you the opportunity to let her cope. She didn't give you the chance like she should've. She chose Mia over you, her fucking girlfriend.