dreams really do come true

Chapter 28:

_____________________________________________________________________

Soon after the fire at the apartment complex burned out and the only people who managed to escape were the people on the 1st floor and some on the 2nd floor. A day later investigators were sent to the scene to search the burnt remains of the apartment and found broken glass on what was left of each hallway and identified the fire as foul play.

Yet they never manage to find the person responsible even after gathering some "evidence". But they manage to find Rob Lucci's body which had a stab wound in his head.

"He never had a good chance of surviving the night," said one investigator at the crime scene.

For the next 9 months Law took care of Luffy better than he ever did before Luffy was pregnant. Law even stayed awake every night to make sure Luffy didn't need anything, which Luffy appreciated a lot. Sometimes though Luffy would sneak a few drops of Nyquil into Law's coffee just to make sure he was getting some type of sleep.

Then finally the day came. Luffy's water broke while he was attempting to put on his shoe. Law wasn't far, he was just in the closet when it happened. When he heard Luffy's cries he knew exactly what was going on.

Law quickly slipped on his clothes and rushed Luffy to the nearest hospital. As he drove to the hospital, it felt as though time was passing by faster.

He was relieved when they finally arrived. Law quickly pulled the car into the emergency parking area and jumped out, carrying Luffy in his arms. He ran into the emergency room, shouting for help. The staff was quickly on hand to help Law with Luffy.

4 months earlier they had a gender-revealing party where they revealed the baby's gender. Luffy popped a balloon and blue confetti burst out.

Luffy was giving birth and Law was there every step of the way. After about 2-3 hours of pushing, Luffy finally gave birth to a baby boy who they decided to call Momonosuke Jr. He had beautiful golden eyes like his father's and dark brown hair like his mother's.

Not long after momonosuke's birth Luffy and law got married. Every single one of Luffy's friends were invited. Even Nami.

Luffy wore a long white dress that dragged 6ft behind him with a veil that touched the floor and a sunflower crown on his head and held a sunflower bouquet in his gloved hands.

Meanwhile, Law wore a black suit with a gold outline around the lapel and tie and had a boutonniere that matched Luffy's sunflower crown. And as rare as it was, Law cried at the sight of Luffy when he stood across from him at the altar.

At the end of the wedding before they left for their honeymoon Luffy threw the bouquet of flowers and Franky caught it. He looked over at Robin and she gave him a confident smile.

2 months after their marriage, Luffy became pregnant again. This time he gave birth to a baby girl named Plum who looked almost identical to her brother.

And for the next 2 years everything seemed fine

That was until Luffy got a phone call from Sabo. He wasn't checking on him like he usually did, but rather letting Luffy know the bad news.

Ace overdosed and died after locking himself in a bathroom after taking 2 whole bottles of pills. Ace's lifeless body was discovered 8 hours later when Yamato went to check up on him.

Due to the fact that they lived in the same apartment, Sabo put the blame on Yamato for not finding him sooner despite the fact that he was at work, but Yamato would argue back that Sabo was at fault for not visiting and talking to him more frequently.

Meanwhile, Luffy was feeling guilty about not being there for Ace. Despite his daily calls and twice-weekly visits. Luffy couldn't help but wonder if he had missed any signs or if there was something more, he could have done to prevent him from doing it. He replayed their last conversation in his mind, desperately searching for any clues that Ace might have given. The guilt weighed heavy on Luffy's shoulders, causing him to question himself as his brother and friend.

For months, Luffy didn't leave the house unless it was to pick up his kids at a friend's place. Law tried cheering him up, but it was no use. Luffy would just lay on his bed and cover himself while he thought about his newly dead brother.

Ace's death hurt many people, but it hurt Garp the most so much so that he became a drunkard and an addict. For that reason, specifically, Luffy isolated his kids from him but still helped his grandpa through it all and in a few years he got better.

8 years later Luffy and law were in their 30's and living in the suburbs of a city named skypea with their kids.

(present time)

It was a beautiful morning and Luffy had just come back from dropping off the kids at school. He parked his car in the driveway and walked to the door while waving at his neighbors. When he walked in, he saw Law getting ready to leave for work.

"Good morning."

"Morning" Law replied while looking for his keys to his car.

Luffy knew what he was looking for and took the keys out of his back pocket and shook them side to side while saying "looking for these?"

Law looked up at him and frowned, "I knew you took them."

Luffy chuckled "only because I wanted to see you before you left for work."

Law let out a sigh and reached out to take the keys from Luffy, but he smirked and slipped them back into his back pocket.

"You could at least say please" Luffy said snarkily

Law cupped his chin and kissed his lips softly and looked down at his wife of 10 years and said, "you still look beautiful" as he kissed his forehead.

Luffy blushed and let down his guard when Law reached into his pocket and pulled out his keys in his pocket.

"Thanks," Law said while walking towards the door. "I'll be home early just for you."

"OK, bye"

"bye"

After law left Luffy went to the kitchen and made himself a cup of coffee and sat on a chair on the balcony while looking out into their neighborhood while he said under his breath.

"Dreams really do come true."

authors note:

This is the last chapter of "life of the two", it's been a while since I posted a chapter due to me starting commissions. but I'm getting back into writing and working on "I want you as my wife." currently.

thank you for reading.