Dirty secret

Chapter 14:

____________________________________________________________________________

Shachi dashed down the large staircase with a daring look: "What!? You can't kill Luffy!" he yelled. He was determined to save his friend and protect him from the deadly danger that was facing him.

"Yeah law! He did nothing wrong!" penguin joined.

Law turned to them and kept his cool as he spoke. "We're assassins; it's our job to kill."

Shachi clenched his fist and spat out, "Does that mean you'd kill us!?..."

"No..." law responded; he found that question so irrelevant to their topic. The thought of killing either of them never once crossed his mind.

"Then why do it to luffy? he did nothing to anyone in this gang,"penguin said, trying to reason with his boss.

"This shouldn't affect you!" law yelled, "you only knew him for a short amount of time!"

"Law, it's not about quantity but quality, and you know that's true...You did date him after all..." Shachi stated strongly.

"Shut up! Both of you!" law started: "I'm going to kill him, and no one's going to say another word about it! Am I clear!?"He waited for a response.

"..crystal..." The two other men responded with a bit of fear in their voices.

Law noticed the fear in their voice and felt horrible; he never yelled at them; it was something neither of the sides had witnessed. Law sighed and took both of the men's hands and handed them both knives.

"L..law...What is this for? ..." Shachi asked. He didn't want to kill Luffy; he was a good guy, but if law wanted him to do so, then he would do it.

"Chill out; I would never burden you with killing a good man... that's my burden to claim," Law said with a brief gloomy smile.

"Then what are the knives for?" penguin asked.

Law completely dodged penguin's question. "I'll be back; continue to watch bepo for me until I return." He went into the direction of the back entrance and left the polar tang without another word.

Shachi wasn't surprised by how Law reacted to his question; it was pretty obvious to him why Law would give them the knives if he wasn't going to ask them to end Luffy's life. Their job was to simply lead the gang until he returned. Nothing more. such a simple task.

Hours went by until Luffy and Brook finally finished writing the letter to Kaido. The rest of the straw hats left much earlier, leaving them as the only two at the Thousand Sunny.

The night before, Luffy barely got any sleep. He had trouble keeping his focus on the letter, and after almost dozing off, he decided that he would lay his head to rest on the desk in front of him and shut his eyes for a bit. He fought to stay awake, but his mind lingered in the dream realm.

'Luffy...'

'...Luffy...'

'Luffy!'

"Huh!?" Luffy shot up from the desk and looked around. It was the same scenery from before he fell asleep. And Brook was sitting next to him with the letter in his hand.

After a moment of silence, the shaken-up brook spoke: "I'm done with the letter."

"Oh uh okay..."Luffy realized that he had fallen asleep, but for how long, he didn't know.

Brook arose for the chair and walked towards the large entrance."Well, I have to deliver the letter before Kaido has a temper tantrum, see ya later."

"...bye..." Luffy said as he laid his head to rest again, but this time he didn't fall asleep; instead, he thought of an excuse as to why he called him "Torao."