I love you

Chapter 18:

____________________________________________________________________________

Luffy woke up.Glanced around the room. He was in Hawkins' bed. That meant everything he went through was just a dream. There was no sex with Law, and he wasn't caught cheating on Hawkins. Luffy felt a wave of relief wash over him, but also disappointment.

"Morning," Hawkins said, happy to see Luffy awake. As he leaned in closer, he kissed Luffy on the cheek, and he returned it with a hint of reluctance.

Luffy wanted to tell Hawkins about his realistic dream but knew he wouldn't understand. He sighed, the events of his dream still fresh in his mind.

"Why did you cheat, Luffy?" Hawkins suddenly asked

Luffy wasn't sure what was going on. He couldn't tell if this was a dream or reality. Either way, Luffy wanted it to be a dream, and he wanted to wake up.

But Luffy had to answer. He put his hand on top of the other man's hand and spoke,"i...i don't know, but I never meant to hurt you."

"I know that....it's all laws fault," Hawkins said softly.

"What happened... and where is he?" Luffy's voice was thick with emotion as he spoke.

"Well, we talked it out, and he said he wouldn't touch you again,..." Hawkins replied.

"I'm coming back," Luffy said as he dashed out of the house. He couldn't let his ex-love slip away again. He had to make things right and do everything he could to keep law in his life.

When Luffy arrived at the house, he waited for the door to be opened and then dashed in. He searched the whole house until he found law. When he did, Law was getting ready to go underground to check on his patients.

Luffy bolted and hugged Law tightly. Luffy waited for Law to embrace him back, but he didn't. He instead gently took Luffy's arms off of him and gently pulled them away from his body.Luffy was embarrassed and hurt by Law's rejection, and his attempt at a hug was a way of expressing his feelings. By gently taking Luffy's arms away from him, Law was trying to show compassion and understanding in a difficult situation.

"what's wrong.?..." Luffy looked up at Law with confusion and hurt in his eyes, unable to understand anything he was doing.

Law cupped Luffy's cheek and kissed him softly. When Law pulled away from the kiss, he said, "I love you, but... not everything can turn out the way we want."

"I don't get it...why can't we be together?" Luffy said in a hushed tone. Luffy's heart sank as he heard Law's words; he knew his dream of being with the man he loved was not meant to be.

Law looked at Luffy, his eyes full of love and regret as he said "You're engaged, and I'm too busy to have a relationship." Luffy's throat tightened as he realized his dream of being with Law was slipping away. He nodded silently, not trusting himself to speak, as he forced himself to accept the truth of Law's words.

"Fine," Luffy said after a brief pause, "but I'd like to end things with Hawkins... Please help me do it as a friend," Luffy said, tears welling up in his eyes.

Law thought about it and decided to help Luffy end his unwanted relationship with Hawkins. They got into Law's car and drove back to the neighborhood with Hawkins' house. When they arrived, Law and Luffy got out of the car and walked into Hawkins' house.

Upon entering, Hawkins tried to give Luffy a kiss.Only to have Luffy block Hawkins' kiss with a finger after he tried to give him a kiss. There was initially confusion among the blonde, but when Law entered, he was able to see clearly what was going on.