sorry

Chapter 17:

____________________________________________________________________________

 Law turned to look at Luffy, surprised by his statement, "Why not? " Law asked, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"I don't know why," Luffy replied, shaking his head slowly and gazing at the ground. Luffy's response left Law speechless as he contemplated Luffy's words.

Law no longer held the knife in his hands, shanked by what he was told. With a deep sigh, Law finally looked up from the ground and met Luffy's eyes.

" when we slept together, I just wanted to get back together with you, but after I realized what I did was wrong,..." Luffy continued on, "I tried to get you, but you came back, and ever since then, I can't stop thinking about you..."

As Luffy poured his heart out, Law zoned out. He could not believe what he was hearing. The same man who friend zoned him wanted to get back together. He wasn't in the least bit happy to hear Luffy's confession. He was indeed pissed off by the words the man spoke to him.

Law managed to choke out. "I don't understand what you're trying to say."

"I hate you but I love you..." Luffy finally said.

The other man couldn't find the right words. He stared at Luffy in disbelief, unable to comprehend the complex feelings that had been expressed.

"But I guess it doesn't matter due to my assassination," Luffy said as he pointed to the knife in laws pocket He finally sighed, resigned to his fate.

Luffy got up and walked to the kitchen, where a knife lay. He took a good look at it, picked it up, and went back to the couch. He sat down by law and pressed the knife against his own chest.

"Just kill me..." Luffy coldly said. As he uttered those words, Luffy took a deep breath and closed his eyes .

law sat there with his target, giving him permission to kill him. He had two choices: he could either do as he was told by the woman who saved him, or he could leave luffy alive and suffer the consequences.

Law took hold of the knife and set it down on the table. Law knew he could not kill the man in cold blood, no matter what consequences he might have to face.luffy opened his eyes. He was surprised to be alive still.

"Why?..." Luffy said as he was still in shock.

"I can't kill you," Law muttered under his breath.

Luffy smiled softly and said, "I should have known." He leaned in to kiss Law.

Law didn't back away from the kiss; instead, he held Luffy close, savoring the moment as he returned the kiss. Luffy's face started to heat up the longer the kiss went on, and his heart thumped in his chest; he wanted law more than anything else at that time.

Luffy's arms slid under Law's shirt. Touching his ex's warm skin and feeling the hardness of muscle beneath his fingertips made Luffy lust for much more than a simple kiss. He wanted to explore and experience the depths of Law's body, to feel his skin against his own, and be lost in the pleasure . He moved his hands to caress Law's neck, deepening the kiss as he did so, but as his hand reached down to his ex's crotch, Law stopped him.

Luffy gave him a poutful look, pleading for more. He was sure Law wanted this; if he didn't, then Luffy would be willing to accept his rejection and draw back.

Law grabbed Luffy's wrist tightly and said, " we can't do this."

Luffy reluctantly pulled away and whispered, "Why not?" His eyes darkened as he felt a mixture of pleasure and guilt that came with being so close to Law again. Law sighed and looked away, his expression unreadable.