#111 Checo - Birthday party

MARISOL POV: This year, besides a small party for intermediate family, we decided to throw another party for Checo. One of the last times he's gonna unwind before the new season or preperation for it, which starts already in February. I'm also obligated to work since then, but that's beside the point here. I talked with Paola and Antonio, invited some of our closest friends and booked the place. It also helped, that at home, in Gualdalajara, it's hot most of the time, so we won't friezze to death.
After a bit of thinking, I decided upon red mid-thigh long dress with off the shoulders straps and black heels. Red lip and beige but sparkly eyeshadow compleated the look, making my eyes pop.
-You ready mi Amor?- Checo asked me, standing in the doorway to our bedroom, already dressed. Birthday boy was simply dressed in dark slacks and white button up, with couple of top buttons undone, and rolled sleeves, giving him a bit of a rugged look.
-Almost- I agreed, finishing putting up my silver earings and feeling him hugging me from behind.
-Eres maravillosa, mi Amor- he whispered into my ear and kissed my temple, as our gazes met in the reflecksion of the mirror.
-Gracias- I couldn't help but blush. Even though we know each other for a decade and are together for a half of it, I'm still not used to his sweet advances and complements and I think I'll never be.
After last two quick looks in the mirror we gathered needed stuff, like our phones and wallets and then we went to the club, to party.

....
-Here is the birthday boy!! Mi hermanito!- Antonio greeted us, grinning like a mad man.
-Nice to see you too Hermano- Checo chukled and greeted him, while I hugged Paola.
-Is he alright?
-Tonio?- I only nodded, concerned.
-Yeah. He already had a tequila..
-That explained a lot- we snorted, watching over bubbly Antonio, who suddenly had tons of stories to tell us and laugh about.
Slowly more guests filled our VIP lounge, as the party slowly came to life. At first we just chatted, talking over the music, and sipping some colorful drinks, catching up with everybody. It was nice to relax and not worry about work or family for once....

....
At exactly 11 pm, we brough out the cake and sang "Happy birthday" for him (ofc in Spanish ;-)).
-¡Pide un deseo mi Amor!- I smiled at Checo lovingly, happy to see his eyes sparkle in that one special way, when he's really happy.-Muchos bebes- Antonio joked, making us laugh.-¡Cállate!- Paola chided, head-slapping him -El mayor, pero tan estúpido! (The oldest, but so stupid!)

-Sopla las velas cariño- I ignored the quarrel between them and smiled at Checo, trying all in my might not to lose it and laugh. He listened and did as I said with a smile on my face and then wrapped his arm around my waist to pull me closer.-Gracias mi Amor. Por todo.-De nada- I whispered, as he placed loving kiss on my temple -¿Estás feliz? (Are you happy?)

-¿Contigo? Siempre.-(I'm glad then)- we both chuckled and then got back to the party, along with new shots of tequila, served for us by more than tipsy Antonio. 'This will be fun...'- was my last thought, before I let the party sweep me off my feet. We both deserved it, as a last freedom before the new season and problems that come with it. But that is a concern for a tomorrow-me. Now, it's paty time!

.....

After that, we partied until the sun was back up and then we crashed home, dead tired, falling asleep almost instantly.
-Te quiero mucho mi Corazon. Gracias. (I love you so much my heart. Thank you)
-De nada Carino (You're welcome my Love)- I mumbled back, and we got sweept away by deep sleep. We needed as much of it as we can get, as we'll more than likely gonna have huge hangover later, when we get up. But seeing him so happy and carefree made everything worth it...
THE END

Let's wish the happiest of birthdays to our Mexican Minister of Defence!
I hope he has good time spending it with his kids and the rest of the fam..
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.