#26 Mick - 20 Questions

NARRATOR POV.: It's around 2:30 in the morning in Switzerland. This week, Mick decided to pay a visit to his family, talk with Mom and Gina, and spend some time with his Dad. Weeks away from home are hard for him sometimes, making him homesick a bit. That's why he comes back home whenever he can.
And to make this visit better, Maddie also stoped by, staying the night at the end. Which leads us to right this moment, when Mick sits on the couch in the living room lit by only small light on the table next to him, Angie at his feet, with sketchbook and a pencil, drawing aimlessly, as his thoughts wander. Everyone else are fast asleep, gaining energy for the next day.
He didn't even flinch, when Madison came into the room, with his Haas sweatshirt thrown over her pijamas. It was almost as if he summoned her by his thoughts, dweling over his hopeless crush on his best friend.
It took a lot of digging and annoying Mick to find out, he actually had a crush on someone, which made Maddie sad a bit in return. She wasn't really sure how she felt about it, having a crush on him herself, but at the end, if Mick was happy, she was happy too. That was all she care about really. Micks' happiness... Even though she knew that she was happier when they shared the same room, getting those annoying butterflies in her stomach whenever they talked or he touched her. Even when it was just a hug or pat on the arm. It felt like having crush in primary school all over again...
Mick didn't seem to notice Maddie's presence, until he felt a dip on the couch right on his left.
-Hey Micky. What are you drawing?- she asked, curious, as he quickly closed the book.
-Nothing in particular. Just couldn't sleep...- he replied, shrugging. It wasn't often for him to sketch, and he didn't think that he's particularly good either, so he never showed it to anyone. Not even Gina.
-If you say so...- Maddie droped it with a light smile, and then comfortable silence descended upon them. It was always like that between them, never awkward or strange.

A few minutes later, Maddie spoke up:
-So. I wanna know more about that girl you fancy- she said, trying to hide the fact that she's jealous. Obviously, she has deep feelings for Mick, but unfortunately, it seems that the feelings aren't mutual. So, the least she could do was to check if the girl is nice and be suportive best friend -Is she one of our friends?
Hearing her, Mick couldn't help but chuckle.
-Nope- he said, making Maddie tilt her head a bit to the side like confused puppy.
-Who is it, then?
-Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter anyway- Mick tried to ditch the subject, but Maddie never was easy to brush of things she wanted to know or get.
-Come on Micky! You know you can tell me!- she kept begging, but Schumacher still doesn't give in.
-Let's play 20 questions then!- Maddie finally suggested, changing her tactic.
-Maddie...- her words made Mick sigh deeply, as he just wants this conversation to be over.
-Please..?!
-Alright. But only one round!
-Ok- she agreed, grinning like the cat from Alice in the Wonderland. Her expression made Micks' insides melt.
-Yay! Let's start- she said, then thinks for a while, before speaking up again -It is a girl, right?
Hearing her words, Mick looks at her as if she grew another head.
-Don't look at me like that! I'm not the one to judge! If you're gay, you have my full support...?!
-No, I'm not gay Mad. You know that.
-Yeah. I know. I just wanted to make sure.
-Maddie?!- Mick groaned, making her giggle.
-Ok. Do I know her?- next question earns her a curt nod.
-She's from the paddock then?- another nod -Okey. Is she around you a lot?
-Not really. But I really enjoy when she is.
-Is she in another team?
-No.
-Haas it is. Does she have blonde hair?- Mick shakes his head no.
-Ok. That knocks off half of my options- her statement makes Mick chuckle.
-What? I'm just trying to guess, don't I?
-Just ask Maddie- her angry face makes Mick want to hold her tight and never let go, that cute she looks.
-Does she have brown or red hair?- double no.
-So, black hair- this time Mick nods.
-Hm. That still leave me with few guesses. Does she have brown eyes?- Mick shakes his head a no -Hazel or green?- another no -Bright. maybe grey?
-Yes- his responce makes Maddie freeze. Does he mean me?- she thinks, but doesn't let hope consume her -He must've meant someone else...
-Is it... me?- Maddie finally asks, feeling lightheaded. Mick nods and awerts his gaze from her, afraid of what will come next. The silence between them makes his heart race.
-I'm sorry. I don't wanna ruin...- but before he manages to finish his thought, Maddie leaned in and placed her lips softly on his. He's confused a bit, but still kisses her back, savouring the moment.
The kiss gets heated quickly, and Mick grabed her by the hips, to pull Maddie on his lap, ignoring the burn in his lungs, simply not ready to let go and face her again.
Eventualy they need to pull away, but not for long, because seeing her smile, Mick crashes their lips again. After a while, they REALLY need to stop, so they pull away just a bit, and join their foreheads together, panting as if they just ran a marathon.
-Why haven't you say anything sooner?
-I just... I love you and didn't wanted to risk ruining our friendship over my feelings if you didn't love me back... You matter too much to me to loose you...
-You won't loose me, that's a first, and what's more, you won't ruin anything between us, because I love you too!- Maddie confessed, making both of them smile.
-So... That means that you want to be my girlfriend?
-Absolutely Mr. Schumacher!
-Very well then, Ms. Carter- he joked, making her giggle.
-Dork!
-That's why you love me.
-It really is- she agreed, making them kiss again, feeling over the moon.
Who knew that one sleepless night might change so much?!
THE END

Something sweet with out Angel on earth...
Feel free to comment or share your ideas!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.