#72 - Max - Sharing clothes and plane rides

NARRATOR POV: Race weekend in Albert Park, Australia is very unpredictible and wet. Impossibly wet...! Ever since Thursday rain is in the forecasts, pouring longer than not, not helping the mood...
FP3 is coming to an end, as the rain got more violent and FIA is scared to let anybody drive.
-You alright Kenz?- Brad looked at shivering Kenzie with concern.
-I'm fine Brad. Don't worry- she shot him small smile, as another shiver shoke through her body.
-You don't seem fine- he said and added -Max, could you talk to your girlfriend?- he looked at his friend, giving Max his waterbottle.
-About what?- Verstappen was confused if his face was anything to go by -Kenz?
-Drop it Brad, really- Mackenzie huffed, not happy.
-What is it Schats? Kenzie, look at me- Max said and kneeled down, in front of her, looking her in the eye, not letting de subject go before he knew what exactly is going on.
-It's nothing- she stubbornly said and then another shiver shoke her.
-That- Brad huffed, also not happy.
-Why you're not saying anything?
-About what?
-That you're cold! Here, take my jacket- Max instantly jumped into action and placed his rain-jacket on her shoulders.
-No, Max, you...
-I don't need it. The suit will keep me warm enough for now and I have spare jacket in the hospitality anyway- he insisted and ignored her exasperated huff to lean down and press loving kiss to her forehead -Do it for me... Please..?
-Alright- she agreed and put the bigger jacket on, almost swimming in it -For you.
-Thank you- Max smiled and let her kiss him softly in return. They smiled at one another, not saying anything, only looking in their eyes and just sharing each other space.
-Can I..?- Kenzie hesistated and blushed.
-What do you need, Schats?- he asked, instantly interested, holding her hands in his -You're freezzing Baby! Come here!- Max said, pulled both of them up and held her close against himself.
-That...
-Hm?- Max only hummed, confused, but still hugging her close.
-I wanted a hug- Kenzie shyly said and pressed her nose into his shoulder.
-Whatever you need Baby. No need to be shy about it- he assured her, rocking them gently side to side.
-Alright. Enough of that. You need to eat something before Quali, to do a good job. Come on. We can cuddle later!- Kenzie said after few minutes, as she freed herself from Max's embrance.
-Ay, ay, Mrs Capitan!- Max joked in responce, making Brad laugh.
-Kenzie is right. Come on, let's put some food in you..- Scanes agreed and all three of them went to the Red Bull hospitality to eat light lunch, before throwing themselves into the chaos of the rest of the racing weekend...

.....
After glorious victory during the most chaotic race possible, if 6 DNF's are anything to go by, most teams postopned their debriefs until the return to their factories. Because of that, most of them could go home sooner.
Around 8 pm Max and Kenzie were already on the jet and flew away, to get back to Monaco and rest for 3 weeks due to cancelation of the race in China.
They we're flying alone beside the jet crew, as the team flew back together straight to England, while Christian stayed behind, as he needed to take care of some stuff before getting back home himself.
-Tired much?- Max asked Kenzie with a chuckle, when she yawned big for 3rd time in span of 10 minutes.
-A bit, yeah...- she agreed and snuggled closer -I think jet lag is still getting better of me...
-Then sleep. We have lots of hours to go..- he replied with soft smile and wrapped his arm around her shoulders to pull her even closer.
-I know, but it will mess me up even more!- she argued grogly, but still hugged him tightly.
-We both need rest Kenz, and I have nothing to do until Tursday, so we can lay in bed as long as we...- Max said, but stopped himself, as he realised that Mackenzie is already alseep, her breathing deep and even, as her head fell on his shoulder.
-Rest mjin Schats... I'll keep you safe and happy...- he mumbled to himself with soft smile and fond look and then he leaned down to press a loving kiss to her temple and fixed the blanket around her, before relaxing and falling asleep himself. After such a eventfull weekend like Australia rest was long overdue...
THE END

Fluffy One Shot with Mr. World Champion coming your way...!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.