#65 Sebastian - Help

NARRATOR POV: Both Eleanor and Sebastian are home today, while their kids are at school and preschool, making the house really quiet. Seb is working in the garden the whole morning, while Ellie decided to clean a little, which is a good move considering that the main source of the chaos in the household is gone for few more hours...
Everything is perfect, or was until now, as Ellie lost her footing on the wet floor she just mopped, and ploped down onto the ground with loud thud.
-Auch!- she tsked, holding her throbing right hand in the other, close to her chest. All because she tried to break her fall with that hand.
With grumpy mood she stood up, a little clumsly and carried on cleaning, stubbornly ignoring the pain in her wrist.
-Liebling, are you alright?- Sebastian interupted her train of thought, appearing next to her.
-Mein Gott, Seb!- Ellie jumped, surprised -Don't sneak up on me like that!- she grumbled, involountarly squezzing her injured hand on one of the kids' toys she was holding.
-Auch!- she grumbled and placed the toy truck on the shelf, avoiding Sebs' gaze.
-Ellie, Liebe, are you really alright?- he continued, stopping her by holding her elbow.
-Yeah, I'm fine- she denied quickly.
-You're really not. I know you. Don't lie to me Ellie- he insisted with look full of worry and fondness.
-Alright...!- Ellie quickly gave up, knowing that lie won't get her anywhere -I missed a step on the wet floor and fell on my butt with mop in hand- she explained with pained expression on her face, as her hand aches more and more.
-Show me.
-What? I'm not recreating the way I fell, even for you, Mr. Vettel...!
-Your hand Liebling- he replied and rolled his eyes at her fondly. She did as she was asked to, with deep sigh.
-Luckly it's not swollen...- Seb said and rolled it lightly, checking her range of movement. It was normal, but a bit painful -I don't see any damage, but you should ice it..- he said, catching her gaze and smiled lightly -Hang on..- he added and left her for few short seconds to came back soon after that with an ice pack and a towel. They wordlessly iced it, smiling to one another.
-Sit down and rest, I'll finish cleaning.
-Seb I can do it! I'm not a baby!
-You rest that wrist and leave it to me. It'll be done in no time!- he insisted, sat her down on the couch and did as he said, while El followed him with her eyes.
-Come on! Let's go to the bathroom and stabilize it- Seb said, standing in front of her with small smile.
-Do I have to?
-Yes, it'll help. Besides, we soon need to leave and pick the kids up.
-Alright- she agreed and stood up with a huff. This injury was not at all helpfull...!?
They went to the bathroom in their bedroom, not really talking. During their relationship they learned how to cherrish even those quiet moments with the other.
-Hop up!- Seb said and off-handly pointed at the counter.
-Hm?
-Hop on the counter. I'll tape that wrist of yours..
-Sebbbb..?!
-No whining Liebe!
-Alright!- after a short staring contest she gave up, rolled her eyes and sat down on the counter.
Seb smiled and took out the first-aid-kit from one of the cabinets, placed it on the top next to her, standing between her legs. He desinfected it, took the gauze and wrapped it up in bandage, before bending down a bit and placing a kiss on it, saying:
-There. All done!
-You really had to kiss it better?- Ellie said, amused, with smirk on her face.
-Of course! It works wonders on injuries!- he replied, acting offended.
They both "kissed it better" countless times by now, when every single one of their kids injured themselves somehow. By now it's mostly Maria or Theodore, but all three had their moments and will still do for a while..?!
-Whatever you say, doctor Vettel!
-I'm sure, Mrs. Vettel- he replied, and they laughed, joining their foreheads in mids of laughing fit.
They laughed for a while and then calmed down, smiling at one another.
-It's almost 3... Shall we go?
-Yeah. Lara will be ofended again that we were late to pick them up..- she agreed and they smigered, thinking about their oldest. Klara Emilia Vettel, age 7, looking like split image of her father, but already has the brains and sass of her mother.
With plan at hand, Ellie hoped down from the counter and they left the bathroom, to go down the stairs and get ready to leave. Seb took the car keys, they put on their coats and scarfs and left, locking the door behind them, already in deep conversation about some environmental issues or something of that sort. Even with the little accident, the day in Vettel household wasn't any different than usual. And they loved it, ready to take on every challange life might throw at them in the future...
THE END

Sweet and caring Sebastian...
I had a mood for some fluff :-)
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.