#119 Lewis - True-self

ANGELINA POV: It's been a while since we really got any "down time", busy with our carriers, various bussinesses we own and lots of media aperances on fashon weeks and stuff...
And when we technicaly had it, we used it to meet up with the family or friends, whom we don't see enough during the year, because of the traveling and the races.
Whole January now, Lewis was kink of weird... Having enough of this, I decided to confront him.
-Lew, can I talk to you for a sec?- I asked him, plomping down on the couch right next to him.
-Sure, Sunshine, what is it?- he placed the lapton on the coffee table and turned his full attention to me.
-You tell me.
-Sorry, but I don't follow...?
-Ever since the season ended, you're acting weird.
-Weird? How weird?
-I don't know, but you're more tense and secretive than usual. Especially now, when we can relax with the two months of the break..- I wasn't gonna let it just slide. He's my fiancee and I love him, so I needed to know what's bothering him to maybe help.
-I just have rough time now.. It'll pass...
-Lew. I know you. Don't lie to me- I shot him a stern gaze.
-Ok, but promise me, that you won't hate me for it!
-Lewis... What did you do...?- I exhaled, expecting the worst.
-I might have... signed with Ferrari for 2025 and beyond...?- he answered, sheepish.
-Why did that sounded like a question?- I instinctively asked and then my mind zeroed on the first part of the sentence -You signed with Ferrari? Instead of the extension with Mercedes?
-Yeah. I did- he nodded, but didn't sound happy at all.
-I need more context for that Baby...- I said, cautions. Sensing that it's gonna be longer conversation I sat cross-legged and hugged one of the decorative cusions we've laying around.
-Ever since 2021 the team was a mess, as you know... We had constant stuggles and almost no improvement...
-Yeah...- I prompted, knowing that those weren't the real reasons for his change of heart.  For 11 years this guy have been breathing Mercedes, there is no way he changed his mind over such a bump on the road. No a fighter I know he is...
-My driving style and Georges' are quite different, so the team had to compromise on lots of stuff to acomodate us both... Which lead to lots of arguments internally, as we wanted different things...- I only nodded in moments he needed me to, but didn't interupt him. He wanted to explain his vision and even if I needed to sit here a week to hear everything, I will.
-And then there was those times that they made me test stuff while George was just driving and checking the upgrades... And the missed podiums last year, like Australia and Singapore...
-Where they took care of crying George instead of celebrating you, their multi-champion, as they should...- I was knowing all those stuff, but wanted to see it the way he did.
-But the camel broke over the discussions about the contract extension... I know I'm not the youngest, but I still have it in me to race good and to win! And they wanted to give me only 1 year, without all the agreements we agreed on before the regulations change!
-The ambasador position, sponsors money...
-They wanted to give me 2/3ds of what Ferrari did! More than 100$ with all the agreements! And multi-year, just like I wanted! It was really hard for me to leave Mercedes, but I feel like they've given up on me..!
-I see it Baby, I do! But why on earth I'd be mad at you? For prioritazing yourself for the first time in a while?
-I kept promising that Merc is my forever and ...
-You thought I'd feel like you broke your promise? Lew...- I sighed and pulled him into a hug.
-So...? You're not mad?
-Of course I'm not! It's your body, your mind and your carrier! I'm not gonna be mad at you for making decisions that are right for you!- I assured him and added -You'd do that for me either, so?
-It's your choice...
-Exactly! Besides, you know best what you need and if you feel like Ferrari is the right choice, I'm all up for it!
-Thanks Baby...
-You're welcome- I smiled softly and let him crush me with his weight.
-When exactly they're going to make the announcement?
-Around the first quarter of the season I think... Depends on what Carlos has in his contract...
-Ok- I agreed and let him kiss me softly.
-I'll stand by you no matter what. Not because you're 7x World Champ or a knight. I'll do it because you're you and I love you!
-I love you too.
For the rest of the evening we worked side by side, sometimes throwing each other a long gaze. I knew deep down inside me that we'll be alright no matter what...

....
Not even a week later the news broke about Lewis's move to Ferrari. It was expected, after the claims of Will Buxton and the rumors. Both teams decided to anounce it, as it was no point in denying it. Lewis was stressed whole day.
-You don't have to adres it. It's your choice! They don't expect you to!
-But...
-No buts Lew! It's your choice what to say and when!
-Ok... I'll write a post tomorrow..
-Ok. That's a good choice. When the emotions will calm down a bit...
I tried to distract him at least a bit, to cheer him up. We both know how much the public opinion weights on him... He always acts so tough and as if nothing moves him, but...
I'm just happy to be there for him. Right now, we have a full season with the team ahead of us and let's finish it on a high...!
THE END

Something sweet but related with almost recent news...
I hope you're having great time!
I also wanted to chirp in, and say that this one shot will be the last one, at least for a while, as I kind off lost the inspiration... 
But don't worry! I'll most definitely pick it back up when the new season starts and we'll get lots of new content!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.