#98 Checo - Secret cabin in the mountains

NARRATOR POV: In the middle of the season full twinkling lights and heartwarming moments, it was time of the year for everyone to unwind and rest after long year and Sergio "Checo" Perez and Marisol Garcia-Ruiz were no exeption. Just a month ago both of them finished long F1 season, which saw Checo cling his highest ever position in the World Championship, second, and they finished it in chaos-less atmosphere, so less work also for Marisol, as she's his PR manager, besides being Checo's girlfriend. Their love story had unfolded amidst the adrenaline rush of race tracks and the camaraderie of the racing world, but the holiday season brought a different kind of magic into their lives.

On 20th of December, Checo and Marisol found themselves in a picturesque mountain town in Switzerland, adorned with snow-laden streets and cozy, glowing storefronts. They had escaped the hustle of the F1 season to embrace the tranquility of a winter retreat, nestled away in a cabin surrounded by nature's white blanket. For once, staying on their own, instead of getting back to their hometown, Gualdalajara in Mexico, to their families.
As the scent of pine and cinnamon filled the air, Checo and Marisol reveled in the joy of the holidays. The little cabin they rented was adorned with fairy lights, a crackling fireplace, and a tree adorned with ornaments collected over the years. It had rather big living room with open kitchen and quite large bathroom, while the bedroom was a loft, upstairs. Small and cozy, just like they wanted.
-I can't believe we get to spend Christmas here- Marisol said, her eyes sparkling with excitement, her tone in awe at the place. Checo smiled, his heart filled with warmth as he embraced her from behind, tangled their fingers together and rested his head on her left shoulder, rocking them softly side by side.
-It's going to be perfect, just us and the snow.
-I'm certanly looking forward to it.

....
Next few days were filled with their laughter, snowball fights, making a snowman, long walks hand in hand through the wintry landscape and equaly long evenings spent together, cuddled on the sofa in front of the fireplace, under warm blankets.
But as Christmas approached, Checo had a surprise planned for Marisol—a special evening to celebrate their love amidst the festive cheer.

On Christmas Eve, Sergio led Marisol to a clearing in the woods, neer their cabin, where a canopy of stars adorned the sky like twinkling diamonds. Strings of lights hung from the trees, casting a magical glow around them, along with a little alcove, with small couch and a fireplace, letting them rest for a bit and watch the stars.
-Checo, this is stunning- Marisol gasped, her eyes brimming with joy as she took everything in.
-You bring so much light into my life, Marisol. This is just a small token of how much you mean to me- Sergio replied, holding her glowed up hands in his, as they looked deeply into each others eyes.
-Te amo tanto..
-Yo tambien mi Amor- they kissed softly with small but meaningful smiles.
-May I?
-I though you don't know how to dance?
-You trust me?
-Always- with that words, acompanied by Checo's laugh, she let her partner to pull her close. Sergio wrapped his hands around her waist, while hers landed on his shoulders, and they began rocking softly side by side, with no care of the outside world, as their favourite melody envepoled them like a hug and brought the warm feeling of home, Checo whispered sweet words that warmed Marisol's heart. They laughed, they swayed, and in that moment, the world seemed to stand still, encapsulated by their love.

.....
Later, back in the cozy cabin, after they changed into warm and fresh comfy clothes, Checo and Marisol sat by the fireplace, sipping hot cocoa and exchanging heartfelt gifts with the christmas songs playing in the background. Marisol handed Checo a beautifully wrapped box, a mischievous glint in her eye.
-Open it- complying with her order, Checo unwrapped it to find a handmade scrapbook filled with memories from their journey together—a collage of their adventures, their laughs, and the little moments that defined their love, ever since they began working together at Sahara Force India.
-Sol, this is amazing. Gracias- Checo said, his voice filled with emotion.
-I wanted us to remember every special moment we've shared- Mari explained, her cheeks flushed with happiness and warmth of the cocoa mist steaming from her cup.
-And this is for you- Sergio added, handling her, her gift from him.
-What's in there?
-Open and find out- was his cheeky responce, making her giggle.
But she did opened the package with a gasp.
-Carino... You didn't...
-Yeah, I did. And look at the back- he smiled proudly, making her insides fluther. Indeed, in the box was new smartwatch, with custom-made template and their initials and forever sign ingraved on the back.
-You like it?
-I love it! Muchas gracias mi Amor!- Mari replied, giving him a hug while still holding the watch. 
-This way you can wear it every day and nobody will suspect anything!
-That's genius!
-I have my moments- his casual shrugg made both of them laugh. 

....
As the clock struck midnight, Checo pulled Marisol close, his arms wrapped around her in a loving embrace.
-Merry Christmas, mi amor- he whispered, pressing a tender kiss to her forehead.
Merry Christmas to you too, Carino- she murmured back, feeling the warmth of his love enveloping her.
In that serene cabin, amidst the beauty of the holiday season, Sergio "Checo" Perez and Marisol Garcia-Ruiz celebrated a Christmas filled with love, laughter, and the magic of being together—a memory they would cherish for years to come.
THE END

Something sweet and meaningfull with our favourite Minister of Defence!
Lets hope next year will be better for him!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.